Search for content in message boards

Looking for family

Looking for family

Ernie Valiquette (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Valliquette, Valiquette, Valiquet
I have been told by relatives that some of the Valliquette's came to Canada from Irland.
I would like to hear from any one who knows of the Valliquette, Valiquette, Valiquet famiies in Irland and how to get intouch with them.

Valliquette

Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Valiquet, Valiquette, Valliquette, Velicate, Velliquette
Hi Mike,

I have a John Joseph Valiquette who married a Teresa Shanahan in my tree. I have over 12,400 name in my data base
and i have John joseph'd connections back to the first Valiquet who came to Canada.

My John Joseph had 9 children if you think this my be the John your looking for feel free to contact me at Badboy@idirect.com

Ernie Valiquette
2115-565 Sherbourne St.
Toronto, ON M4X-1W7

Valliquette surname

Mike Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Valliquette
I am researching my family tree of wich my mother was a Valliquette from Renfrew county In ontario Canada.She was a decendent of John Joeseph Valliquette of Renfrew county.I am not sure on the spelling of the surname ,I have seen different variations of it.If you have any information for me I would appreciate it .

from Canada

Karen Valiquet (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
hi,

I have in my tree a John
Valiquet who came from
France. My grand father
told me that we had relative from
Ireland. Around 1900, my great great grandfather
lived in USA. He was a doctor. I don't remember his name.
Then they moved to Canada. Are we related somewhere?
You will have to excuse my english, I live in Québec and
I mostly speak french.

Karen

John Valiquet

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Valiquet, Valiquette, Valliquette
Hi Karen,

Yes I am sure it is the same John Valiquet. His correct name was Jean Valiquet-dit-Lavendure. His wife was Nicole let me know if it was the same.

Ernie

valiquette

louise porter (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
hello,
my great-grandmother was a valiquette.from ohio.married to a cutcher. i think their names were joseph and josephine. do you happen to have any info on them.

louise porter

Re: Valliquette surname

Tamara (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 4:56PM GMT
Dear Ernie,

I am writing this e-mail for my mother whose maiden name is Valliquette (Sheila). I saw your messages on the RootsWeb message boards and the information you disclosed about Renfrew and the Valliquette name sounded very familiar.

Our family has lived in the Chicago, Illinois area ever since my mother's father came here from Renfrew, Ontario in the 1920's. His name was William Robert Valliquette, born in 1899. He married Dora Lillian Wadsworth in 1923 and came to Chicago soon after. William's father's name was Robert Valliquette and he came to Canada from France. He was married twice. His first wife's last name was McGonigle and together they had four children; Rose, Chloe, Ray, and William (my mother's father). My mother also remembers a Flo, possibly, but she is not sure. His first wife died and Robert remarried, but to whom is unclear. I do know that he had more children with his second wife, one possibly named Vincent.

Do any of these names sound familiar? My mother is one of four children born to William and Dora. Somewhere along the line, my mother's father lost touch with his family and my mother and her sister are interested in re-establishing the family connection. Can you help them?

You can e-mail my mother at vernald@slbf.com with any information you have. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tamara

Re: Valliquette

Tamara (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 4:58PM GMT
Dear Ernie,

I am writing this e-mail for my mother whose maiden name is Valliquette (Sheila). I saw your messages on the RootsWeb message boards and the information you disclosed about Renfrew and the Valliquette name sounded very familiar.

Our family has lived in the Chicago, Illinois area ever since my mother's father came here from Renfrew, Ontario in the 1920's. His name was William Robert Valliquette, born in 1899. He married Dora Lillian Wadsworth in 1923 and came to Chicago soon after. William's father's name was Robert Valliquette and he came to Canada from France. He was married twice. His first wife's last name was McGonigle and together they had four children; Rose, Chloe, Ray, and William (my mother's father). My mother also remembers a Flo, possibly, but she is not sure. His first wife died and Robert remarried, but to whom is unclear. I do know that he had more children with his second wife, one possibly named Vincent.

Do any of these names sound familiar? My mother is one of four children born to William and Dora. Somewhere along the line, my mother's father lost touch with his family and my mother and her sister are interested in re-establishing the family connection. Can you help them?

You can e-mail my mother at vernald@slbf.com with any information you have. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tamara

Re: valiquette

Posted: 30 Apr 2002 4:13PM GMT
Did they have sons Cornelius and Amiel?

Re: from Canada

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 7:01PM GMT
I also have a John Valliquette but his Middle Initial is O. He was married to Augusta Ingram. They died in Cleveland Ohio but I have no information on where they were born. Since there is no SS death index on them I am assuming they were not Citizens.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions