Search for content in message boards

Rock/LaRocque/Larock or Variations

Rock/LaRocque/Larock or Variations

Posted: 23 Nov 2002 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rock/LaRocque/Larock or Variations
I am looking for any information on any Rock or Larock or Larocque families in St. Lawrence County. My Grandfather was William Larocque or Larock and lived in Clinton County. He was born in New York. His father's name was Joseph he was also born in New York, his father's name may have also been Joseph and was born in France or Canada. I can not locate any information on My William and his father Joseph in Clinton County. I did come across an old query that someone said there was a Joseph Larocque or Larock located in St. Lawrence County and many other's with this surname or variations of it. Please let me know if anyone has any connections or information that may help me in my search. I can be emailed at (yoshi22603@adelphia.net)

Re: Rock/LaRocque/Larock or Variations

Russ Sprague (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2002 2:27AM GMT
One place to look is the county site under usgenweb. Start at www.usgenweb.org, click on 'the project's state pages', then 'map of US' then NY state. Next click on 'county selection page' then use the drop down list of counties to select St. Lawrence county. The 1870 census is transcribed, indexed and online there courtesy of Anne Cady. Also, extensive cemetery, newspaper, voter and church records.

The 1880 census is online for the entire nation (and 1881 for Canada) at www.familysearch.org. Maybe that will get you started.

I believe there are Larocks in the county to this day. At the usgenweb site, click on 'places'. Make a note of the town names. You can use www.411.com and look up any Larock in any town if they have a listed phone number. If you don't mind calling or sending notes to strangers, it could lead to something.

Good luck -
Russ Sprague
Kensington, Maryland

Re: Rock/LaRocque/Larock or Variations

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 3:53PM GMT
Joyce,
We have a William LaRock in our family tree. Born in St. Lawrence Co. (Ogdensburg) in 1906 and died 13 May 1970. Son of Joseph and Margaret LaRock.
If this is the same William I help you out.

Valorie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic