Search for content in message boards

Obit and grave location needed for Sarah W. Channell. She resided in Beaverton on Dundas Road.

Obit and grave location needed for Sarah W. Channell. She resided in Beaverton on Dundas Road.

Posted: 5 Nov 2009 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jan 2010 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Channell
Sarah W. Channell was born December 4, 1908 in probably Barry County, Michigan. She died on August 14, 1993 in Midland, Michigan. She was a resident of Beaverton, Michigan on Dundas Road. Any stories from neighbors or family would also be appreciated.

Re: Obit and grave location needed for Sarah W. Channell. She resided in Beaverton on Dundas Road.

Posted: 12 Jan 2010 6:13PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2010 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dundas, Quilette, Luenberger, Walters
You might want to look at teh Dale cemetery, also called the tobacco twp. cemetery, located just of dale road, south east of Beaverton. I used to live in Tobacco twp and i remember the name. alot of folks from tobacco twp are buried in dale cem.(the cemetery is also located acroos the road from teh dale methodist church and just down from the township hall(on dale road) I knew Gorden Dundas and the Quilette,luenberger,Walters families who all lived near the corner of dundas-dale roads.Gorden Dundas was a surveryor and they owned a little store on the corner.He did some work for my grandfather.
Bruce C. Brown

Re: Obit and grave location needed for Sarah W. Channell. She resided in Beaverton on Dundas Road.

Posted: 12 Apr 2010 4:56AM GMT
If she died in Midland County
then you might want to start by ordering her death cert from the County.

The death cert will have
the name of the funeral home that handled her arrangements and
the name of the cemetery if she was buried.

The funeral home will be able to direct you to the newspaper that had her obit.

I hope this information will be helpful to your research.

Susan Warner
Saginaw, Michigan

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2011 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Channell
hi yes i knew sarah very good she was a nice lady and i thought alot of her she lived in a little house on dundas road and she had a son named roger i believe she was a wonderful lady i am not sure where she is buried but i will try to find out for you cause my cousin was married 1 time to her son

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 11:06AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2012 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Channell, Kimball, McManus, Sherman, Letson
Hello everyone, Sarah W. Channell is Buried @ Dale cemetary. She was my Grandmother and is still missed by the whole family. Having just recently Lost, My Aunt Ethel Kimball (R.I.P), Survived by Leona McManus, Charlotte Sherman, Judy Letson, Charles H. Channell Jr.
Sorry no son named Roger, and the house was on the river creek

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 2:57AM GMT
Surnames: Harvey; Channell
I would like to thank everyone for all the responses. One of my cousins sent Sarah's obit to me. I still don't have a photo of her head stone yet. I didn't post it on my public tree yet though. My tree is "Family Tree for Harvey and Rogers" if anyone would like to look at Sarah's profile and add any stories or comments you are all welcome to. My tree is public. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/9309350/person/-450524712

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2012 1:24AM GMT
I've just created a memorial for her! On Findagrave.com & have her linked up also with Charles her husband... Please, visit this link to view them at: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=10...

Note: According to her Gladwin County Record obituary. She was cremated.

Abt. 10 yrs. go! I walked nearly all the Headstones out their & transcribed them {Dale/Tobacco Twp. Cemetery} & never came across a marker or headstone for this couple. If someone has one? Please, upload a photo to the above link. Thanks

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions