Search for content in message boards

Thomas Kerr County Down

Thomas Kerr County Down

Posted: 4 Mar 2006 3:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kerr, Bowes
I am looking for any information on the family of Thomas Kerr born County Down Ireland in 1811 married Margaret Bowes born Scotland in 1809 they were married in 1831 and moved to the united states and died in Missouri. Would like to find something about the family before they came to the Usa. Can find no leads anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Deb

Re: Thomas Kerr County Down

Posted: 15 May 2006 7:38PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2006 2:19AM GMT
Hi Deb
What part of Missouri? I had relatives who lived in the Carthage &Sarcoxie area. They were Carrs who had originally been known as Kerrs when in Ireland. They came from County Down. Maybe there is a connection?
My grgrgrandfather was Robert Kerr from County Down, born in 1841. Perhaps he and Thomas were somehow related? Uncle or Cousin? Robert's parents were Arthur and Sarah.
Marcia

Posted: 15 May 2006 10:23PM GMT
Marcia, My Thomas was born about 1811. They came to Iowa and then on to Green city, Sullivan County Mo. They are buried at Hawkeye cemetery there. I have never heard them being called Carr but, It could be true. I have no idea who any of his siblings were. We did the dna but so far no relatives from Kerr. I don't think any of his siblings came over with them because noone has ever found any relatives in the area. If you do find a connection I would love to know about it. Thanks Deb

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 4:53PM GMT
hi my grt grt grandad was thomas kerr from ayr scotland but his family originate it county down

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 4:53PM GMT
hi my grt grt grandad was thomas kerr from ayr scotland but his family originate it county down

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Kerr/Bowes
I don't know any of the brothers but, if you find a connection I would be glad to hear about it. The Kerr(Carr)name seems to be really common in Down. let me know if you find a connection Deb

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 6:35PM GMT
Surnames: krerr
My Thomas must have lived in Scotland at one time because his wife came from Edinburgh and they were married there. I hope this is the same one. You can contact me at brogers@swnebr.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic