Search for content in message boards

Thomas Bryant Parker

Thomas Bryant Parker

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 9 Sep 2001 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Wells, Strivens, Ziegler, Cole
Thomas Bryant Parker was my third great-grandfather. I do have some information on him and his children. I also have a book about the Parkers and it has alot of information in it and alot of different lines. My Brother-in-law has my book, but I can get it from him.
Thomas's first wife was Catherine Hammett and they had three children. One is William Hammett Parker born 9-25-1830 and died 10-26-1909. He married Nancy Katherine Wells in 1849. They had six children and one was Mary Ann Parker. She was born 2-3-1853 and died in 2-14-1936. She married Charles Edward Strivens on 10-20-1869. They had Charlotte Grace Strivens. She was born 3-10-1888 and died 4-19-1980. She married Hayden Orville Ziegler on 1-20-1912. They had Stanley Stanford Ziegler. Stanley was born 6-15-1914 and he is still living. He married Mildred Cole on 8-17-1941. These are my parents. Mary Parker was kidnapped by the Indians and she is in some history books. She wrote a diary also. She did not know she was white until later on in her life. The Indians killed her grandfather and parents I believe at Parker Fort. She married the Indian Chief of the Commanche Tribe. One of her children was Quannah Parker. He is famous for helping to get the Indians to sign peace agreements. His father was supposed to be really mean and Quannah had blue eyes. When I copied the Parker book, they had some photos of Quannah Parker and I got some photo copies/ not good condition though. After I get my book, I can give you more information. I had to stop on Thomas Bryant Parker because the cities records were destroyed in a fire. Some of the information on him came from family in Utah, they had his diary and some letters and the family Bible. Years ago I wrote and asked to get copies, paying them to do it and I wanted to share my information with them. They never responded. This is from his second wives family. That is where Robert Pollock was the first child from his second wife. Her name was Martha Ann Nelson.

Re: Thomas Bryant Parker

Donna Peternell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 5:15AM GMT
I have found your respond very interesting. Do you believe that Thomas Bryant Parker is of the Texas Parkers. No one seems to know much about his parents. Robert Pollock Parker is my GGGrandfather, who married Mary Clark. Most of his children ended up in Fresno, California also but doubt most know that they are related to Robert Pollock Parker. I would love to know more information that you have. This book with these pictures sounds very interesting. I would love to see a break on Thomas Bryant Parker and his siblings and parents. Donna

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 2:17AM GMT
Am just starting research on my mothers line
Parkers
could you tell me what you know about
cherekee indian background, and southern Parkers
Miss,Tn, Ala , Fla, Tx
Thanks
Nancy

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 5:43AM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Hammett, Cole, Strivens, Ziegler
Donna,

I have just started looking at these boards and there are some of our relatives that have alot more information than I do, in fact they have a little bit more on Thomas Bryant Parker's first wife, Catherine Hammett. I think they are right because I saw that her first daughter had a middle name of Snodgrass and that is who they said Catherine's parents name was Snodgrass. They named their children's middle name the maiden name of the mother alot of times. Like on my 2nd great-grandfather William Hammett, Robert Pollock was after his mother's maiden name and I wonder if on John Fletcher, it sounds like a last name also. There is a web page on Thomas Bryant Parker and I saw where they have reunions, so I really want to get in touch with them and see how we can get connected and listed, etc. I think it was Exile Liberty's grand-daughter that had alot of information. That is your grandfather's sister. The name is Vi Parsons, I think. The e-mail is Vparsons@inreach.com. I can try and you can try and maybe we can get listed and swap some information. I have lived in Fresno, CA. all my life. My family came here in the 1850's. I'll talk to you soon.

Julie/JEWELBUSTER@AOL.COM

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 6:35AM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2003 12:08AM GMT
Yes, I will agree that the group of Utah Parkers are unlimited. They have been a big help to me. Robert Pollock Parker ended up in Montana, Missouri then here in California. After he died in Redlands, California, most of his children moved to Fresno to mix in with the Parkers already there. Yours. Most died in Sangor, Fresno County. I do believe that most of the Parkers that have been researching are hoping that someone new will come in with more information about Thomas Bryant Parker. You were talking about a book on the Parkers but it doesn't sound like the book that was written called Parkers/Ross memoirs. It has a lot of information on the Parkers. I was asked by one of the Utah Parkers if I had any idea where the name Pollock came from and I couldn't answer that. Being he was the first born of Thomas Bryant Parkers, second wife, I am sure that there must be a Pollock last name somewhere to answer this question. My husbands, mother, grandmother and ggrandfather were all born in Fresno also. I still have a great puzzlement on Robert Pollock Parkers wife, Mary Clark, that I haven't been able to answer and none of the Parkers can answer it either.
Another problem. Please keep in touch.
Donna

Posted: 14 Aug 2001 7:55AM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Wells, Hammett, Strivens, Cole, Ziegler
Nancy,

I also just saw another source that really has alot of our family back to England. His e-mail is bmills@msn.com. I plan on contacting them both. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with it. I need to swap some information with them anyway.

Julie/Jewelbuster@aol.com

Posted: 17 Oct 2003 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
I come from a line of Parkers from Fresno and Rasin City Calif
most of them came from Montana...I have a Robert Byron Parker his son Ambrous Bassit Parker and his Daughter Dasiy Nellie Parker who is my Grandmother..
Her mother was Lou Ann Wallen..I have more names
And I have a Sarah(Clark) Parker who was my Great Grandmother and a Aunt Ara Ann Parker who was my grandmothers aunt...

Posted: 17 Oct 2003 5:26AM GMT
I have searched for this line of Parkers forever. Ara Ann Parker and Ambrose Parker are the brother and sister to my Alpha Parker Erwin. The oldest brother to these sibling is Robert Parker. The children of Robert Pollock Parker and Mary Clark. Alpha was born in Utah where your Ambrose and Ara Ann were born in Montana. I have the 1860 Census, 1870 Census and 1880 Census of our family. I also have a picture of Mary Clark Parker and Robert P. Parker. Your Grandmother Daisy Parker is a puzzlement to me. I can find out little information on her. I have her born in Riverside,CA and married to a William Jennings Ford. None of my information is out on line so if this is not right, it is not out for others to make the same mistake. There are so many questions that I would love to ask but surely won't get it all in here. Our Mary Clark Parker's sister Eliza Clark Burns also lived in Montana. Their mother Mary Doyal Clark, was living with Eliza Clark Burns in the 1870 census. She died there. My family remained in the spot where our family first hit when coming to California and your family thru Ambrose moved to Fresno. Hope to hear from you soon
Donna

Linda Ford Lehman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 7:08AM GMT
wow do you know if we have Indian in us through the parkers
l.lehman@mchsi.com

Linda Ford Lehman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 7:09AM GMT
ambrous b parker was my grandmothers father