Search for content in message boards

"GRIMMINGER & KRIMMINGER"

"GRIMMINGER & KRIMMINGER"

Mary Ellen Lanigan Reisenauer (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grimminger, Krimminger, Crimminger
I am looking for the ancestors of Frederick Crimminger who was born March 06, 1785 in or near Cabarrus, NC. I know he had a brother Stephen who he came to America with and I know now that there was another brother Christopher.I am trying to go back as far as I can for a friend of mine who is a direct descendant of Frederick Crimminger, Grimminger or Krimminger. Frederick's son Robert went to South Carolina and changed his surname to CRIMMINGER.

Maybe GREMMINGER?

Holger Gremminger (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Hello Mary Ellen!

Could it be, that you are searching for the name GREMMINGER? I know from several searches, that in my family tree there is a woman who had the surename GRIMMINGER. Her father though was a GREMMINGER. (Found at http:/www.uftree.com)

Best regards
Holger GREMMINGER

Re: "GRIMMINGER & KRIMMINGER"

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Krimminger
Frederick Griminger ca. 1760 married 1782 died Winter of 1786 in Rowan Co., there is a brother Christopher Krimminger born March 22, 1873 in Rowan County married around 1807 to Elizabeth-----,he died March 31,1958 in Cabarrus County NC. I have a sheet on the family line I researched in Cabarrus County. Do you have Anything on Adam Michael of the same family born abt 1885?

Kellie Doyle (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2004 9:26AM GMT
Surnames: Criminger/Crimminger/Kriminger/Krimminger
We have simply GOT to be connected. I noticed that your name Reisenauer has Russian origins. From what I've read, so does Kriminger. I have two identical twin brothers, Frederick and Christopher. Apparently, these first names have been moving down the tree. Had I been born on Christmas day, I would have been named Chris. The family name is now spelled Criminger. I am just starting my search, but I do know that the family has strong ties in North Carolina, Virginia and Tennessee. I'm related to Zachary Taylor which means that I am also related to James Madison. My grandfather is buried in the Zachary Taylor Cemetery in Tenn. Any info. swapping would be much appreciated.

Posted: 13 Feb 2005 9:32PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2006 3:05PM GMT
Frederick Grimminger/Krimminger is my 5th g-grandfather. The only thing I know is that he b. c. 1760, served in the Revolutionary War and m. Catherine (sp?) Lyerly (sp?) and had the two sons, Frederick and Christopher. If you can shed any more light, I would very much appreciate it. I can give you all descendants and info that I have. Jan

D. Rose (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Criminger
I am looking for my great grandmother. Her name was Sadie (nee Ingram) and she apparently married a Criminger. She moved to the US from Bonne Bay area, Newfoundland around 1920. Her parents moved to Falmouth, MA around the same time. Their names are Arthur Henry Ingram b. 1872 and Charlotte (nee Humber) b. Oct 14, 1876. I have her extended family on her mothers side but I know little about her father nor anything about her husband. Any information swapping would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 4:04PM GMT
Ran across you post on Ancestry.My Krimminger line is with Fredrick-Nathan-Caleb Lock-Annie V Krimminger of Cabarrus County,NC. I would appreciate any info you have on this line Your information about Fredrick & Christopher being identical twins is new to me. I can give you the web site and you can view the old Krimminger Graveyard in Cabarrus co.
Thanks you-
mgeen29
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions