Search for content in message boards

Romelle Schneider

Romelle Schneider

Posted: 5 Nov 2000 4:04PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2001 6:07AM GMT
Looking for any info on Romelle Schneider. She was married to James Roosevelt, son of the late U.S. President, F.D. and Elenor Roosevelt. She would be my mother's first cousin. If anyone has any info, please let me know. Thanks, Cindy

ROMELLE SCHNEIDER

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 12:51PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2001 3:14AM GMT
I know a little about Romelle Schneider. She
is some way related to my mother (also a Schneider) I'll look it up and then post it.
Joel

Romelle Schneider

Posted: 23 Feb 2001 9:32AM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2001 6:07AM GMT
Thanks Joel for your help.

ROMELLE SCHNEIDER

Posted: 21 Mar 2001 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2001 3:14AM GMT
Romelle Theresa Schneider is the Granddaughter of John Joseph Schneider, b 8 Aug 1849 in Strohn, Germany, d 1923 in Mondovi, WI. Romelle b 29 Sep 1915, m 14 Apr l941 to James Roosevelt, son of FDR. 3 children: James II b 1944; Michael b 1946; and Anna Eleanor b 1948. Romelle's Grandfather, John Joseph Schneider and my G-Grandfather, Hubert Schneider were brothers and came to the US in about 1868/9 with their Mother and Father. I know more about the Schneiders in Wis if your interest. Joel

Re: Romelle Schneider

Posted: 19 Apr 2002 6:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you know how Romelle's name was pronounced? My name is Romelle born 1940 and have been searching for the origin of the name. I pronounce my name Roma lee

Cindy Dressler (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2002 7:10PM GMT
Her name was pronounced Ro (long o) melle (short e, silent e at the end). We have a Roma Lee in our family also, she is the daughter of my mom's 1st cousin, Cecil Pickett. Is this her by any chance?! She was the only one I ever knew having that name, very unique, it's quite a coincedance maybe!

Romelle <c<ullen (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2002 7:36AM GMT
No I'm not related to you. I have not come across another a person with my name Romelle. I found a newspaper article that my mother had snipped from the newspaper shortly before I was born. This is how I knew who Romelle was as it was an article about Jimmie Roosevelt and Romelle. My mother must have like the name. I have travel extensively through Europe and have never heard the name either. I lived in England for several years. My name was always pronounced Roma lee. Thank you for your reply.

Cindy Dressler (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2002 5:47PM GMT
Do you or your Mom still have the news paper clipping of Romelle and Jimmy Roosevelt? If so, could I get a copy of it please? Romelle was related on my mom's side of the family, not really sure how yet, I can't seem to find any answers. My Aunt hasn't really said how she was related, just that she was related. My Grandfather's sister married a Schneider, so the connection must be there. You can send the copy via e-mail at swytzr@aol.com. Thank you so much, I look forward to your response.

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 8:20AM GMT
i am looking for my dad charles rome schneider? in colorado 1962 any information would be helpful
per page

Find a board about a specific topic