Search for content in message boards

Burson Family

Burson Family

Posted: 1 Apr 2010 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for all Bursons in this line. May be with the Quakers that migrated to VA from PA. Special interest in Reverend Z. L. Burson, his son Z. L. Burson b. abt 1895 d. abt 1927. Son married to Eva L. Littrell of VA. Family helped develop Bristol VA/TN. Also looking for info on Old Jonesboro Cemetery in Washington County, VA.

Re: Burson Family

Posted: 1 Apr 2010 9:47PM GMT
There are Bursons in Loudoun, but do you have any information which links Z. L. Burson to Loudoun? On the 1860 Census he is in Washington Co. TN and 1880 in Washington Co. VA.

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: Burson
I believe that Z. I. was a brother to my Reason Burson. I have done a lot of research on this family. After leaving Bedford County, Virginia, they moved to Washington County, Tennessee. In December I visited the Old Jonesborough Cemetery and took pictures of the Burson graves. Willing to exchange information.

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 10:22PM GMT
I believe that Z. I. was a brother to my Reason Burson. I have done a lot of research on this family. After leaving Bedford County, Virginia, they moved to Washington County, Tennessee. In December I visited the Old Jonesborough Cemetery and took pictures of the Burson graves. Willing to exchange information.

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 11:49PM GMT
The Burson family in the Old Jonesborough Cemetery are the ones I'm related to. Reverend Z. L. Burson should've had a big, beautiful monument on his grave. I would love to see the pictures you took. At one time, the marker with Z.L.B. was not on that grave. I do not know why it was not marked. I don't know why the Reverend did not put a marker on it or his wife, Nannie, or his widow, Eva. Years after the man was buried, his son and wife put that marker on the grave. I'm having a heck of a time documenting the existence of the son named Z.L.B. I know he existed because I personally knew his son, Zack Lyle Burson, Jr. Do you know the name of the Reverend's father? Is it Thomas Garrett Burson? Who is Thomas' father? The Reverend Z.L.Burson's bro. was Louis M. Burson, I think. He lived in California. Yes, we need to exchange some data. My emai is bup-bup@juno.com. Can you email me the pictures? Let me hear from you. Kim Owen in Richmond, VA.

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 5:26PM GMT
I am trying to find out if my family fits in with Thomas Garrett Burson. My ancestor was Zachariah Burson born about 1852. His mother was Mary Jane Bacon and his father was Whitfield S. Burson. He had two brothers that I know of, Madison and Robert and a sister Martha? They were found in the 1870 census records in Bradley TN. Any help???

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 5:45PM GMT
I have a lot of information on this family. I have also been to the Old Jonesborough Cemetery. It is on a hill on the edge of the town.

Z.I. was the son of Nathan Burson. I have not been able to prove it, but I think Nathan was the son of Benjamin Burson. Benjamin was definately of the Quaker family that moved to Loudoun County, Virginia, from Pennsylvania.

My great grandfather was Reason Burson, brother to Z. I. MAHoff
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions