Search for content in message boards

DUSTO family

DUSTO family

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 7:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUNN DUSTO
I am looking for an obituary or place of burial for Clara Agnes HUNN DUSTO or her husband Fred DUSTO.
I found an entry in the Seattle Post Oct 22, 1991:
DUSTO, Clara A., 87, of Mercer Island, Oct. 15.
But I was hoping for more information than this short statement.
My notes say she has 2 sons and 6 grandchildren in WA.

Re: DUSTO family

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 5:31AM GMT
Surnames: Dusto
Hi, since newspapers charge for obituaries, families don't always submit one. You can send an EMAIL to askalibrarian@secstate.wa.gov with her name, death date & place and ask them for her obituary. They will search the newspaper microfilm for one hour for free & reply with what they find.

I did find a Fred and Clara Dusto who were living in Libertyville, Lake Co., IL in 1930. They had been married 2-3 yrs. Fred R., b. MO, abt. 1904, tester telephone co. Clara A., b. MO, 26 yrs old. Fred F., Jr., b. IL, abt. 2 and Ronald L., son, b. IL, 6/12ths.

Clara A. Dusto, 356-12-5731, was b. 30 March 1904 and d. 15 Oct 1991. Her soc. sec # was assigned in IL before 1951. Source: Socail Security Death Index (which anyone can access).

Clara A. Dusto, d. 15 Oct 1991, Mercer Island, age abt. 87 & b. abt. 1904. She lived on Mercer Island [but this might have been where her last benefit check was mailed to instead of residence], 356-12-5731 per death cert #027629. Source: WA Death Index 1940-1996.

You can order a copy of her death cert from the State.

The following web sites list cemeteries in King Co; www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washington/wa-king-seattle.htm, www.rootsweb.com/~waking/cemetery. Mercer Island isn't that big; you might find it by searching for Mercer Island Cemetery. Good Luck!

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 9:08AM GMT
Welcome to $$$. The Seattle Post Intelligencer online records identify the same death announcement as you have noted. The online records for archives go back only to 2002. (But even then, the PI seems to charge for every obituary held).

I checked the King County Recorder:
http://www.metrokc.gov/recelec/records/ for any recorded documents for any "Dusto" without success. There were documents for that family, if you want to seek them yourself since you had two sons and six grandchildren.

I do find an Arthur and Diane Dusto, 5030 West Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA 98040. 206-232-6876. If they are related, they could probably help your search.

The 1930 Census shows two children, Fred R, age 1 10/12 (June 1928) and Ronald A, 6/12 (Oct 1929). The census was enumerated on April 22nd, so the approximate birth is based on that date.

I find a Frederick R. Dusto, born 1928 at 4711 Placita De La Chapa, Tucson, AZ 85718. There is also a F.R. Dusto, 3917 Via Del Verdemar, Tucson, AZ 85718.

Ron Bestrom

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 11:34PM GMT
Surnames: Dusto
Clara Dusto was my grandmother and is buried in Libertyville, IL. She lived there most of her life but moved to a senior citizen center near my uncle in Mercer Island, WA for her final years. She had 1 son and 3 grandchildren in WA and another son(my Dad) in AZ who had three boys. What is your connection to my grandmother?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions