Search for content in message boards

ANY PARSONS OUT THERE

ANY PARSONS OUT THERE

tim williams (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parsons, Griffin, Lakey
My GG Grandfather Thomas Jefferson Griffin(b.1854) married Lodimpsa(Dempsey)Parsons(b.1854) at Pole(Poe)Bridge Church abt. 1872, then moved on settling in what is now Chilton county. Dempsey's father was John Parsons. Is he brother to Meredith Parsons buried at Pole Bridge cemetery(wife: Sarah"Sally" Lakey? If so, is he buried there in an unmarked grave? T.J.Griffin had a brother Green that is probably the Green L. Griffin buried there.

Lakey&Parsons

Posted: 17 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 10:31PM GMT
Surnames: Lakey, Parsons
I to am from the Lakey/Parson Line. My GG Grandfather was Ben Parson married to Nancy Lakey. He was the older brother to Meredith and John. The records I have show that all these brothers married daughters of Mark and Charlott Lakey of Surry Co., NC. This means a whole lot of double first cousins to me. There is a whole lot of information on the Lakey/Parsons bunch on the GenForum. I believe anything you find on Surry Co. NC regarding the Lakeys will help. Let me know If you find anything. Sarah Lakey was Meredith's wife. She was called Sally. My records show them buried at the Pole Bridge cemetary.

wrong email address

Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: stringfellow
Please correct the email address. I left out the numbers for this clay co query

Poe Bridge burials

Ellen Grendel (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: stringfellow, miller, ray, lakey, parsons, Gravette, Gravitt
I recently visited Poe Bridge Cemetary. Meridith Parsons and Sarah Lakey are both buried there. The grave stones still exist and appear in good condition. It is Poe and not Pole Bridge according to a road sign on a tree across from the cemetary. GNIS lists both names though. Am looking for a connection to M.D.R. (Tom?) Lakey. Married Ella (Eldorado) Stringfellow. My gggrandfather (Robert Stringfellow) also buried there.

Re: Poe Bridge burials

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 2:45AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2006 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Lakey, Bryant
Hello,
The cemetary is actually named Pole Bridge. My parents Doyle and Laverne Smith held the cleaning there every year until my mother fell ill with cancer. She died Sept of 2000.

She would be thrilled to know some of our relatives have visited. Mary Lakey, Sister to Nancy and Sarah was a gggrandmother, married to the elusive William M Bryant. Have any info on him would be great, have been searching for years without any luck.

Thanks Ann

Re: Pole Bridge burials

Mary Ann Nichols (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 1:38AM GMT
These are my folks too..Meredith and Sarah Lakey Parsons. I've visited the cemetery twice. I have a picture of Ellie (Eldorado)Gravette Lakey, wife of Tom Lakey. My grandmother, Ella Parsons Tatum, lived to be almost 103 and it was her picture of her Aunt Ellie. She told me she was named after her. I would like to know who that MDR Lakey is for.

Mary Ann

Re: ANY PARSONS OUT THERE

Posted: 19 May 2002 4:49AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2003 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: Parsons, Hayes, Lacey, Griffin, Wood, Williams, Robinson
Meredith Parsons is my great great great grandfather. Right off hand I don't recall him having a brother by that name. Check out Genealogy.com under Meredith Parsons Family Home Pages---it has a lot of information on this side of the Parsons Family. I am pretty sure he is connected somehow but as I said I don't recall a brother by that name. I also have Griffin's in my family line----I am from Barney Griffin side of the family. Any question please email me at saj207@aol.com. Good Luck!

Valerie Parsons Jenkins

Posted: 28 Dec 2005 9:01PM GMT
hello i am the GGG Grand daughter of your elusive William Monroe Bryant you may contact me at my email Address listed above for any information on this side of his family. My Brother and me Have been doing reasearch for several years he has the most but has sent to me what he has this is just some of it:
James Henderson BRYANT
Father: William Monroe BRYANT
Mother: Mary Elizabeth "Polly" LAKELY DEC 1832
(b) ABT 1855, ,
(d) ABT 1911, ,
(interned) Poe Bridge Cemetary, Clay Co., AL
Family 1: .
Children: .
Family 2: Susan Caroline RAINWATERS (m) 3 OCT 1886, Clay County, Alabama
Children:
Mary Elizabeth "Lizzy" BRYANT 12 MAR 1889, Talladega, AL

Posted: 28 Dec 2005 9:03PM GMT

Posted: 24 Jun 2006 4:27PM GMT
Angela,
I'm also related to William Monroe and Mary Lakey, or maybe more so to Mary than William. I understand he left in 1860 and never returned, but Mary had three children after 1860. My great grandfather, Felix Thomas, was the last of those three. Do you have any information on who their father was? Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic