Search for content in message boards

Kostner (Koestner)

Kostner (Koestner)

Arnold Schnobrich (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2002 6:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schnobrich, Kostner, Sellner
I am trying to find out if there is any relatives of Kostner from the Wasserau/Muttersdorf/Rindl area that settled in Brown County. I have found possible links to them in some research I just had done.

Maria Anna Kostner, daughter of Andreas Kostner and Margaretha (Sellner) married Joseph Schnobrich. I believe now that Joseph and Maria Ann are my g-g-grandparents.

Arnold Schnobrich

Re: Kostner (Koestner)

Posted: 19 Sep 2002 4:04AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2003 2:21AM GMT
My g-ggrandmother was Cecile Kastner from Bergstadt/Horni Mesto, Mahren. Her father was Franz Kastner.
The surname Kastner is how the genealogist interpreted the spelling from the handwritten marriage certificate of my g-grandmother Anna Rosa Heinz.
Bill

brenda (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2005 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Kostner/Gmeiner
I have seemed to hit a brick wall. I am looking for my ggrandfather who was born in Germany approx 1897, Joseph (Josef) Kostner. He immigrated sometime in 1906. He left Liverpool, arrived Sault St. Marie. His name was changed to Joseph Forster. He was raised by Martin and Rosa (Gmeiner) Forster. I do not have his parents names. Nor do I have any siblings names. His mother died when he was young. There has been some thought that he had a brother named Francis Kostner (who changed his name to Frank Gmeiner/Meiner/and eventually Frank Miner) Francis parents names were August and Anna (Gmeiner) Kostner.

August and Anna and Francis left Liverpool - arrived Sault St. Marie in 1906. Anna died and August remarried. Francis went to live with the same Martin Forster family as Joseph.

I am wondering if you would have these people in your line at all. Would love to hear from you.
Thanks!
Brenda

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 5:21AM GMT
Is this still a valid way to respond to you?

My name is Mary Lou Bonnifield, I live in New Ulm, Brown County, Minnesota. My great great grandparents came from Rindl, Bischofteinitz, Bohemia/Austria, their names were Johann (John) and Barbara (Ubl) Koestner. John was born abt 1824 in Rindl he was according to records

Johann Kostner, a Bauer ( farmer) in Aindl ( perhaps Rindl) NR 12. Legitimate son of Andreas Koestner, a man in retirement in Aindl ( perhaps Rindl) NR 12. and his wife Margaretha Sellner from Aindl (?) NR16 or 26 ? county Ronsperg (=Ronsberg).

Please respond to me at: mbonnifield@comcast.net I look forward to hearing from you!

Mary Lou
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions