Search for content in message boards

Stahl History --Germany to Pennsylvania 1738

Stahl History --Germany to Pennsylvania 1738

Posted: 1 Jan 2008 12:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stahl
I am looking for serious researchers that have found an early connection to the Stahl name in Pennsylvania. Some of my research is posted at http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/t/a/Kay-A-Stahl...

Re: Stahl History --Germany to Pennsylvania 1738

Posted: 2 Jan 2008 11:23PM GMT
My great-great-greatgrandfather, Joseph Stahl(Sr), was born in (what is now) Washington Co., in Southwestern Penn in 1782.

Posted: 5 Jan 2008 7:24AM GMT
I must admit that I am surprised you have someone born in Southwestern PA at that early day. I am not familiar with that area. I do know that there were Stahl's in the Westmoreland area at an early date. Have you checked for any connection to that area? Are you sure they were born in that area at your date? We did not have many settlers on that side of the Susquehanna River until about the 1790's.

Posted: 4 Sep 2008 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Stahl
Hi Mr. Stahl. I just wanted to say I enjoyed your website and it gave me some great information. My g-g-g-g-g-g grandparents were Johann Jacob Stahl and Anna Maria Strupp and his 4th son (or 5th child), John Philip Stahl, is the branch my tree continues on. My father lives in New Berlin PA. I have a family history book that I am alway looking to add to and your website allowed me to see beyond what I already knew and I'm sure holds treasures yet to be found.

Thank you!
Neil Stahl

Posted: 5 Sep 2008 10:51PM GMT
Hi cousin!
I'm glad you were able to gain some things from my website. I am well acquainted with New Berlin. My parents live in Watsontown. I'd love to see your lineage/book also. I just moved from East Berlin :) between Gettysburg and York to Hamburg (north of Reading). I am hoping to get over to Lehigh County this fall to explore more on our Jacob & Anna Maria progenitors.

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 8:09PM GMT
Hi, I'm new to the ancestry world, and am doing research on my husband's family. His great,great,great grand father was Michael Stahl b. 1805 in Pennsylvania...does anyone have any information on the connection to germany or who his parents or siblings might be? He died in ohio, but his decedents ended up in the Mt. Pleasant Michigan area

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 7:28PM GMT
I have ancestors named Stahl dating back to Union County, PA. They left in the late 1830's and settled in Wyandot County, Ohio and later in Williams County, OH. Jack Berlien jberlien@aol.com

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 8:36PM GMT
My ggggrandfather Joseph Stahl was born in Franklin Co. (later changed to Washington Co.) in southwestern Penn in 1782. I don't have my notes handy at this time, however, I do know the town was founded in 1781. He later moved to Ohio between 1840 and 1850. I know this from the Census. I will have to look up County tax records for the exact year. He had a son, Joseph junior, who moved the family to Wycliff Ken. in 1859. I was wondering if I get you more of the info I have, if a local geneology group could help.

Posted: 24 Aug 2010 8:57PM GMT
I don't think we have a connection. My ancestors are Philip Stahl and his son, Peter who lived in Union Co in north-central Pennsylvania until they moved to Crawford County Ohio in about 1837. jberlien@aol.com

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 11:34PM GMT
Loved your site. My husband is from the Stahl line, but I didn't recognize any listed. His gggrandfather and ggggrandfather both was from Pa. Michael born 1813 and his father, Jacob born 1780. Oh we would love to have pictures of them. Have no pictures of any of his grands, male or female. You have a great collection. We just started our search a few months back. Hope to hear from you. Sincerely, Nelda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic