Search for content in message boards

FISHER, Wm and family

FISHER, Wm and family

Nancy Erb (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FISHER, STEWART, FRIEL, SMITH, COLL
William Fisher (b 1785 NJ) and Catherine Smith (b 1794 Wentworth, dau of Jacob Smith Jr and Susannah Beam) were married in 1811 Wentworth, Ontario. In 1818 They settled a land patent on So Talbot Road and later moved to No Talbot Road in Howard Twp, Kent Co, Ontario where they both died.
Their children:
Isaac Fisher, invested in Antrim port-failed, disappeared
Jacob Fisher, possibly in Stillwater MN as early as 1846
Elizabeth Fisher, married a Stewart lived in Harwich Twp
John Fisher, married
Mary Fisher, married James Stewart, lived in Howard Twp
David Fisher, 2nd marr Mahale Friel
William? Fisher, possibly went to MN
James Fisher, married Charlotte who after widowed mar Smith
George Fisher, possibly went to MN
Anson Fisher, married Jane Coll, lived in Howard Twp

Re: FISHER, Wm and family

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2002 10:12PM GMT
The Jane Coll who married Anson Fisher is my first cousin four generations removed. Their descendants are cousins to me. The Fisher ancestors are not related to me.

You did not state a question in your query. Can my information be of any assistance to you?

M.Keith Abel

Posted: 26 Jun 2002 3:56PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2005 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Winterhalter,Fisher
Hello Nancy

My name is John Winterhalter..of White Bear Lake, MN just North of St Paul. I have been looking for a Rose Fisher for some time.. I have read through you Bboard messages and thought it worth sending you the information I have... My mother before her death was corresponding with a Rose Fisher in Grand Rapids, Kent, MI. they exchanged Christmas cards and family information... the partial tree listed below is the part about the Fishers and Winterhaters.

Frank Winterhalter
Elizabeth Winterhalter b about 1880 lived in Grand Rapids
sp Gustave Fisher
1. Rose Fisher
2. Edward Fisher
3. Carl Fisher

I have a Winterhalter decendant in GR,MI that remembers the famly but i have been unable to trace their lives... What do you think, any ???'s are welcome.... John

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 3:06AM GMT
Hi,
I'm Steve Fischer. Edward Fischer was my grandfather.
I'm finally starting to look into my paternal grandfathers side of the family. Edward married Mabel Magoon, and that side are researched back to 1650, coming to America as indentured servants after fight for the wrong side in the wars between Scotland and England.
Would love to hear anything you could tell me about my dad's aunt Rose.

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Fisher
Steve,
I have additional information on William Fisher (1795-1863) of Howard Twp., Kent Co. I am researching the 5th Lincoln Militia in which William served as a private during the War of 1812. Are you interested in this material?
Fred
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions