Search for content in message boards

joseph turnbull

joseph turnbull

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 12:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: turnbull, billington
hi im trying to trace my great grandfather but I cannot find eith birth or marriage certificate

married lilly grace Elizabeth louise
immigrated in jan 1911 age 39
born in England 1872
worked as an engineer

I know if I can find either of those I would be happy
im stuck here if there is anyone that can help :)

Re: joseph turnbull

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 12:58PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Turnbull
Tara,

Does he show up in the 1920 census? Do you know where they settled? Were they married in England or the US? When did either pass and where? Were they Catholic?

Might be far easier to get a death certificate.

If married in the US, you might be able to find a marriage document. If they were Catholic, you can try to determine which Parish and then seek to search their records. If the Parish is closed, you can try the parent Arch Diocese.

Just some thoughts.

Good Luck and God Bless,

Jim G.

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 6:57AM GMT
Surnames: Turnbull, Billington, Dorner, Fossey, Pearson
Hi, Tara. I think I might have some of the information you are searching for. I have to hunt around for it a bit but will do so happily and pass it on as soon as I find it. I was surprised and delighted to see your name linked to Joseph Turnbull and Lilly Grace Billington, and that we are related. I am your father's sister, April. My Aunt Margaret (Lily's daughter) shared some family history with me that I kept a record of and I have photos etc. that I would love you to have if you would like. Your great grandfather, Joseph was a "Geordie" (from Northumberland) and your great grandmother, Lily Grace was from just across the border on the English side. I have an amazing photo of your great-great-grandmother and also of great-grandfather Joseph. Joseph was an active member of the Cricket Club in Stanley Park and he was a civil engineer in Vancouver, he helped develop one of the beautiful gardens here, and he was a firm believer that his daughter should be just as good at math as the boys, especially the banker's boys and his wife, Lily, very talented herself, believed that her sons should all have an education in art, music, sewing, cooking in addition to the scholastic education. Already, a woman ahead of her time.:)

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 5:46PM GMT
that is so great I always wondered what had happened to my favorite aunt!!!! I have such great memories of you! I'm no longer a subscriber on here but would love to be able to get in touch with you. if you can please feel free to email or facebook me if you have anyways. It would be nice to catch up! hope I hear from you soon, im sure my sister will be just as delighted as well.

Tara Marie

Posted: 8 Apr 2014 5:54PM GMT
Hi, Tara. What a delight! I'm sorry to take so long to answer this posting but I'm not good at checking emails (an understatement). I would love to be in touch with you and Meghan (and your Dad, too). You both are all grown up now! I would love to hear about what you are doing in your lives. Hopefully, having wonderful experiences and staying in good health. If you have an email, I will try to be in touch soon. Looking forward to possibly connecting with you. Until then, keep well and be happy. April
per page

Find a board about a specific topic