Search for content in message boards

Craig Family

Craig Family

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Craig
Looking for descendants of any of the following: William "Willie" Craig 1897-1974 , Robert Nelson Craig 1874-1955 and John William Craig ... all of these men are grandfathers of mine. They lived in the Fairview section of Buncombe County. Any information or connections are greatly appreciated.

Re: Craig Family

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG
Do you have any information about these families before they reached America?

James

(http://gatheringoforrs.proboards.com/)

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:24AM GMT
I am afraid I dont James... I am hoping to find John William Craig in Illinois somewhere with his family before he moved to North Carolina so I can verify who his father was.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG, INGRAHAM
Would:

John William CRAIG
b 1872 in Illinois

m Cora INGRAHAM b: DEC 1874 in Illinois

be the feller?

Maybe you could add your search to my CRAIG forum? Would be another 'signpost'.

James

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 1:52AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2013 1:53AM GMT
Lookup the Craig family of Buncombe county in findagrave.com. The gentleman who created these memorials is a family member with tremendous amount of research into the Craig/Dotson/Halford family

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:44PM GMT
My great x 3 grandfather .. John William Craig, born 8 Feb 1843 to Robert and Sarah Green Harris Craig in Marion County Illinois according to his death certificate. Family tale is that he was sort of an outlaw and fled south. Later census records state he was a confederate soldier during the civil war. In 1880 he was in Washington County Tennessee before moving to Buncombe County NC and living there over 30 years before he died.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:47PM GMT
I believe I have spoken to him before and he was a great help. I am hoping to find a record in Illinois with John William and his family so I can verify his parents. Thank you for responding..

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 12:53PM GMT
How do I find your forum Sir?

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG
per page

Find a board about a specific topic