Search for content in message boards

CAMPBELL Family of SOUTH CAROLINA

CAMPBELL Family of SOUTH CAROLINA

Posted: 26 Dec 2002 12:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jul 2004 1:34AM GMT
Would like to compile a listing of researchers of the CAMPBELL Family of SOUTH CAROLINA...We could track some of our relatives as they moved around...I would like to establish some lines and establish proof so that we could build on that information.

Ellen Hodge: Magnoliaeast@rocketmail.com

Re: CAMPBELL Family of SOUTH CAROLINA

Posted: 13 Jan 2003 5:30AM GMT
Surnames: campbell,campbells
I am researching Campbell's from S.C. that move to South Alabama in early 1840's. Please contact me, I need some help!

Posted: 14 Jan 2003 1:54AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2003 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell/Hodge(s)
I'm researching Robert, son of Joseph and Charity of Marion County. 1860 census list he, Jane and 2 children; 1870 found them in Richmond County, NC.

ellen Youngdahl (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2003 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Nuttall. Billet, Ware, Youngdahl
Hi Ellen,
I am not at all sure we are of the same Campbell root, but my Mother's uncle(or cousin?) (Norton Partridge ) was from S.Carolina and I believe his mother was a Campbell. This branch seemed to have been concentrated in the Oil City/Titusville area of Pa. . My greatgrandfather (James Monroe Campbell) moved to Chataqua County, N. Y. and had 9 children (wife Adelaide or Adeline) I am looking for more branches.
Ellen

Darlene Campbell Love (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2003 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: campbell
My great-great granddad (Thomas Edwin Campbell) was born 1828 in SC. He married A fatimy Mitchell (could be Owen). The move to AL. I don't know id dad name but everyone that I have talk to said thet he went by Big Ed>

Posted: 29 May 2003 7:51PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2003 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: campbell's/oliver's/richardson's/care's
good afternoon,i just came across your query.my grandmother mary richardson is the daughter of john richardson and everline oliver.my grandmother was born april 23,1900 in atlanta,texas.she passed away here in los angeles,ca.in march of 1998.her mother was everline oliver the daughter of bonds[barnes]oliver and hagar oliver.hagar was the daughter of andrew and becky campbell.they are on page 105Bof the 1880 census of cass county,texas.on the 1870 census of polk county,texas on page 497 is andrew and becky and in their household is becky's mother betsy.andrew is listed as being from alabama and so is hagar and becky and betsy are listed as being from south carolina.any asistance you or anyone can render is greatly appreciated?muhammad abdullah-p.o.box 338-compton,ca.90223

Russ Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2004 7:35PM GMT
I am researching two Campbell lines in SC. One is the family of Peter Campbell. Peter immigrated from Scotland around 1800 and settled near Campbell's Bridge in what is now Dillon County. His grandson was the infamous Hugh Campbell that shot and kiled his brother in law (Hugh Dove) and had to flee SC leaving his wife and three children behind.
The second line is from John Campbell and Kate Dove (there are those Doves again !!). John was the son of James Capnel of Bladen County NC. They settled in Marion County. Their daughter was Ann Eliza. She was married to the infamous Hugh Campbell. Their son AJ (still in doubt as to what the AJ stood for) married Sallie Rodgers. Their son, George Washington, married Johnnie Martin. Their son, William Bryant, married Isla Mae Rhoden. They were my grandparents. The family pretty much stayed in the northeastern part of the state from Dillion County to Horry and south to Georgetoen and Charleston Counties.

Hope this helps

Russ

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: Dunn, Kerr, Allen, Simpson, Carr, Campbell, Montgomery, Middaugh, Nelson, Rogers, Reed, Cruse, Fullilove,Rudley,Sweem,Heim,Bodine,Shelton,Kuykendoll,Trico, Rapalje,Bergen,Hansen,Taylor, Flowers,Green,Wood,Krom,Schoohoven,Klaerwater,Smack,Cathey,Tack,Stron
Russ,
While looking for Nelson's--I ran onto Your Campbell's and have a few Q's. I have a Christian(a) Campbell b. 1720-33 in Scotland or Ireland. She married John Simpson b. 1720-36 from Temple Patrick, Antrim, Ireland. They were married in 1750 and he died in Wayne Co, Ky. His sons Christopher, William, Thomas and David---Christopher was born 1757 in Temple Patrick, Antrim Ulster, Ireland and married a Mary Carr, b. 1752 in So. Carolina. Catherine Simpson was Christopher's wife who died 14 Jan 1881 in Caldwell Co, Missouri. She and her husband James David Kerr were my GGGGGrandparents--any ideas to South Carolina connections in Your group? Teri

Posted: 30 Oct 2004 5:19PM GMT
Surnames: CAMPBELL - MCDONALD - DICKENSON - ST.CLAIR
I am looking for a CAMPBELL line living in Charleston area.
Have one census:

1910 Census Charleston,S.C.
Precinct 1- Ward 7
Elizabeth Street

John G. Campbell - age 57 - Born Pa. Father Ireland - Mother- Ireland- Plummer for Standard Oil
Emma L. - age 53- Born S.C.- Father- Pa. - Mother- Connecticut
Bernice - age 20- Telephone operater
Emmalou - age 15
Parthenia age-14
John M. age 25 - fireman
D. Murphy -(Female) age 32- boarder - laborer

The letter G above stands for GRIFFITH
The letter M above stands for MANNING

Of the children:
WILLIAM GRIFFITH CAMPBELL married Minnie Louise Plane
PARTHENIA CAMPBELL married Clarence Olney McDonald
(Married June 1914 Charleston)

Can anyone give me a lead on this Campbell family?
Thanks for ANYTHING!! - Samantha

Gloria Manna (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2005 6:44PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, McLellan, Odom, White
Hi Russ,

I'm researching Edward Campbell, another family living in old Marion District of South Carolina. I've been looking at your ancestor, Peter Campbell, and collecting information on his line as well since as I believe that Peter and Edward Campbell may be related. They were living in the same area and they seemed to have some connection, I just haven't been able to establish what that might be at this time. Peter Campbell seems to be the older of the two. There was also a Malcolm, John and William Campbell living in the same area that I'm interested in finding more information about.

My ancestor, Edward Campbell was born 1757 in Kintyre, Argyllshire, Scotland, and he married Mary McLellan, born 1759 Isle of Islay, Scotland. They had six children when the migrated to Charleston, SC in 1788. They were;
1. Charles Campbell, 1780
2. Duncan Campbell, 1782
3. Mary Campbell, 1784
4. Daniel Campbell, 1786
5. Christian Campbell, 1787
6. Female Campbell, 1788, died young

They were listed on the 1790 St. Bartholomew Parish, Charleston, SC Census, and then moved to the Marion District, SC along the Pee Dee River. They can be found on the 1800 Marion District, SC Census, living close to the other Campbell families.

Edward Campbell wife died in 1816, and afterwards he migrated to Northwest Florida. This was sometime around 1819. His oldest son, Charles Campbell (my line), and two of his daughter, Mary married to John McCall, and Christian, unmarried, migrated with him. His son, Duncan and Daniel Campbell remain in Marion area, although Daniel Campbell migrated to Florida upon his father request sometime around 1830. I have collected a lot of information on my Campbell family and now I'm in the process of seeing if I can establish a connection with Edward Campbell's parents and siblings, and I checking for any clues that may be out there.

I would love to learn more about Peter Campbell and his descendants. Maybe there were brother or cousins, who knows. Please let me know if you would like to exhange information on these families.

Thanks, Gloria

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions