Search for content in message boards

Alexander Hunter - Does Anyone Know Which Is Correct ?

Alexander Hunter - Does Anyone Know Which Is Correct ?

Posted: 9 Nov 2011 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2011 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
I have seen entries of the 30 October 1698 birth of Alexander Hunter in :
- Antrim, Ireland
- Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland
- Duns, Berwickshire, Scotland

Does anyone know which is correct ???
Thanks for any ideas,
Malcolm Hunter

Re: Alexander Hunter - Does Anyone Know Which Is Correct ?

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 2:29AM GMT
All of the family trees that I have researched says he was born in Tyrone, Antrim, Ireland. Died in Bedford VA.

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 12:14PM GMT
Thanks for your reply to my posting. After I posted this, I received copies of his original birth document, as well as, the copies of his brothers and sisters. They were all born in Berwickshire, Scotland. All of the trees that you have researched are wrong. The old, original records don't lie.
Malcolm Hunter

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 12:26AM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2012 12:27AM GMT
I have found, after years of searching the Hunter line, an Alexander Hunter b. 30 Oct 1698 in Antirm, Tyrone Co., IR d. 22 May 1768 Bedford Co., VA. married Elizabeth Steele. This Alexander's father was: James Alexander Hunter b. 4 Jul 1666 Tyrone, IR and married Isabelle Currie. Perhaps this is the one you are searching. F. Kay Hunter Roberts fkayroberts@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
Thanks so much for your reply to my posting. In researching my Hunter ancestors, I have strongly considered one of the sons of James Hunter & Isabella Currie as being the possible father of my earliest known ancestor - Samuel Hunter who was born abt. 1745. My Samuel's first child was named Alexander, so I was wondering if his father or uncle or grandfather might be named Alexander.
I have become an avid collector of the old documents that relate to my family, for I see so many errors posted online, so I like to verify the facts. At this point, I have not been able to located the old church records from Antrim, Ireland, but I have copies of the Parish Records from Dunse, Berwickshire, Scotland, and James Hunter & Isabella Currie had the following children born there :
- Margaret 28Nov1691
- James 3Sept1693
- Robert 3May1696
- Alexander 30Oct1698
- Rachell 15Sept1700
- Janet 14June1702
- George 27April1704
- William 25July1706

I am going to send you a copy of the Parish Record of the birth of the son Alexander for your records. If you want copies of any of the others, just let me know and I'll be glad to send them to you.
Do you know how to access any of the old records out of Antrim, Ireland ?? I would love to check them out.
Thanks again for you message.
Malcolm Hunter

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 2:59AM GMT
Hey ther Malcom, Have a look at my tree. There are lots of hunter's 1 side is from Alexander Hunter bron Ireland 1775-1848 Married Nancy Curry, had a son James Hunter who married Jane and had Denise Hunter. Denise Hunter married MArgaret Hunter, her father was Daniel Hunter who married Ann Hunter. There are a lot of Hunters there and some of them might be able to help you. I got most of my Hunter names, dates and such from our family scrolls that were hand written and passed down to my aunt. I am slowly getting the info together but have a look. My Hunter's are mostly Irish who moved to Ontario, Canada

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 12:50PM GMT
Kimberly,
Thanks for your reply to my posting regarding Alexander Hunter. I'll look over these names that you mentioned to see if there might be some connection.
While you are looking at your Hunter family information, would you see if you happen to have a David Hunter who probably was born in Ireland around the 1770's with a father Samuel Hunter?
Thanks again for your assistance,
Malcolm Hunter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions