Search for content in message boards

History of Ensings

History of Ensings

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Feb 2003 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Ensing, Brunsink
My father Bernard Ensing and Grandparents John and Bertha (Brunsink) Ensing were from Forest Grove, Mi. I would be interested in corresponding with anyone who may be researching this family name from Ottawa County.

Re: History of Ensings

Ruth (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2001 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: Ensingk, Ensing, Berends
Hi Ray,
I don't know much about this name yet but my Great great grandmother was Hendrikien Ensingk born in 1813 in Laar, Grafachaft, Benthiem, Germany. I haven't gotten back to do much research on that grandma yet but I have some books coming from Coevorden, NL on these grandparents and beyond. I believe Hendrikien died in Coevorden, NL though, since her husband did (this is guessing).
If you know anymore than this or if there might be a connection, please e-mail me with "Ensing" in the subject-line.
Also, my Berends line was from Zutphen, Jamestown Twp, Ottawa County, MI.... which is only a couple of miles from Forest Grove, MI. Maybe these families traveled together?

History of Ensings

Posted: 19 Jul 2001 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2012 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Ensing
We must be related somehow. There could not have been so few Ensings in that area at that time without being related. They may not have spoken to one another but they were still related. I understand the Ensings mostly came from Ens which is a town near the German border.

I would be interested in anything you find in the future.

Ruth (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 4:31AM GMT
Surnames: Ensink
Is that town of Ens, Germany located near the German-Netherlands border? Anywhere near Laar, Germany?
Tonight I received another response to my post to you from someone with a Genealogy webpage of the county Bentheim, Germany. There were a LOT of Ensinks listed there....among them was my Great-great grandma Hendrikien Ensink and it was definitely my gggrandma. Spellings change over the years so don't rule this out when you are researching.
I want to send this page to you but this page won't allow drag and drop...
I used my translator to translate it to English and then copied it to an e-mail. Could I e-mail it to you?

History of Ensings

Posted: 20 Jul 2001 4:37AM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2003 7:07PM GMT
Certainly, my email address should show but just in case its ensing@pacbell.net

Luis Alberto Ensinck (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2001 6:12PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2012 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Ensinck, Ensink, Thou
Sorry but my english is not so good, but I will try be clear.
as you see, I m Luis Alberto Ensinck, muy grandfather was Alfonso Víctor Pedro ENSINCK THOU, his fathers came from Holand and in appereance his last name was Ensinck or Ensink and his mother was THOU, I suppose french, because in my grandfathers home, everybody spoke french. Well, I observed that you are curiosly of youre genealogy, as me. I sending you this mail, cause I m trying to discovered the past of my fathers family. I suppose they emigrate to argentine in 1880 aprox.. I would like to discovered if my grandfathers name was originaly ENSINCK or ENSINK or ENSING. If you Know something about it let mi know it, or If you know where can I investigate that, please send me and email addresse.
The same if you want to know something about the Ensing here in my country I will try to investigated for you.
thanks for your atention.

sincerisly,

luis Ensinck
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 10:37PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2002 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Brunsink, Oosterink, Koch
Hi,

My grandmother was Lena Brunsink from Grand Rapids, MI. Her father and mother were John Brunsink and Jessie Oosterink. John Brunsink's father was Berend Brunsink. Jessie Oosterink's parents were Jacob Oosterink and Lena Koch. I am looking for information on any of them.

Thanks,
Marcy

Re: Re: Brunsink family

Donna Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2002 2:06PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2012 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Brunsink, Bronsink
Hi Marcy,
My name is Donna Rogers and my husband Gordon's mother is a Brunsink. His grandfather, Bert Brunsink, is a brother of your grandmother Lena. I have quite a bit of information on the Brunsink family. Feel free to email and I'll help you with whatever I can.

My email address is: GordondonnaR@aol.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Donna

Re: Re:Brunsink family

Posted: 9 Jun 2002 11:02PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2008 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Brunsink, Bronsink
Marcy, my grandfather Jacob Brunsink was a brother of Lena's also. I have been in contact with Donna Rogers and Ray Ensing. Will e-mail you. Lynn

Re: Jacob Oosterink m. Leena Kok, 1878, Nijeveen, Drenthe, ND

Joan Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2003 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2012 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Oosterink, Kok, Jonker, withaar
Have you seen this marriage cert. for your great-great-grandparents?--

Algemeen Archieflocatie: Drenthe
Toegangnr: 0166.017
Inventarisnr: 1878
Gemeente: Nijeveen
Soort akte: Huwelijksakte
Nummer: 14
Datum: 27-07-1878
Man Naam: Jacob Oosterink
Plaats: Nijeveen
Vrouw Naam: Leena Kok
Plaats: Nijeveen
Vader man Naam: Johannes Oosterink
Vader vrouw Naam: Klaas Kok
Moeder man Naam: Stijntje Jonker
Moeder vrouw Naam: Geesje Withaar
Nadere informatie--bruidegom: 26 jaar.; bruid: 23 jaar.

Jacob was born 1851/52 to Johannes Oosterink and Stijntje Jonker. Leena was born 1854/55 to Klaas Kok and Geesje Withaar.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions