Search for content in message boards

Gordon Bramley Hunt

Gordon Bramley Hunt

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunt, Perkins, Mason, Roath
Hunt family research. Gordon Bramley Hunt born 30 Nov, 1911 in Ohio, died 22 Sept, 1980. Last residence Lake Elsinore, Riverside, California. Believed to be a son of John Bramley Hunt and Wilhema Gottchalk. Brother Clayton Hunt,sister Gail? and Artine? Any info/clue is helpful. Thanks

Re: Gordon Bramley Hunt

Posted: 5 Apr 2009 5:51PM GMT
not related...

The California Death Index has the same birth date and death date, shows he was born in Ohio and his mother's maiden name was Gottchalk.

They do appear on the 1920 census, with the parents, Gordon and Clayton listed.

In the 1930 it is only Wilhemina, Clayton and Artine in the household

Not much, but it may assist you.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Larry Baker
Gordon was my uncle. He had a sister, Arlene Ruth Baker, my mother.Arlene was born 4-15-1922.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Hunt, Perkins, Gottchalk,

Thank you so much for your info on Gordon Bramley Hunt, I never could find any info on the daughter except for the census. I have never found the date of death of Wilimia
Gottchalk Hunt, their mother. I traced the Hunt family from England to Canada to Ohio, then on to California. Gordon's brother Clayton James passed away in Corvallis, Oregon in 1985. I would love to share the Hunt genealogy with you.
Bye for now, Doris

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 5:47AM GMT
Thank you, I am interested in learning more of the Hunts. I have my mothers (Arlene Ruth Hunt) birth record. Born to Whilimena L Gottshall on 4-15-1922. This was Cleveland, Ohio, Cayahoga county. The spelling is in longhand on the document, and conflicts with Arlene's marriage record, which spells her mothers maiden name as Wilhelmina Gottschall.
We called her grandma, and I have no idea which spelling is correct. She was divorced from John Bramley Hunt when Arlene was very young. They lived in Los Angeles with Gordon, Clayton, Arlene and mother Whilimena. Whilimena died in 1966 in Brea, California where Arlene Hunt Baker resided since 1951 approx.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:00AM GMT
Thank you again, for your reply. My husband was descended from the first marriage of John Bramley Hunt to Alice Mabel Mason in 1906. They had two sons Fred and Lawrence. They were divorced. Fred was my deceased husband's father, sad story.
John Bramley Hunt married a third time. There may be a daughter from the third marriage. Your great grandparents were Joseph Pomery Hunt born in Canada and Sarah Annie Perkins born in England. They are buried in Inglewood Park Cemetery, Los Angles,CA, along with several of their children. John Bramley Hunt was born in Ontario, Canada naturlized in 1945. If you are comfortable send me your name and address to dgosneyhunt@earthlink.net for the genealogy. Also, send me your info to add to the Hunt family.

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 4:51PM GMT
My son wanted to know if there are any cousins or descendants
from the Hunt family. He was happy to find out that Gordon Bramley was a coin dealer(death certificate info), one of his interests. Would your mother be comfortable with a phone call from me? I was bitten by the genealogy bug many years ago. Doris

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 2:49AM GMT
I am back reserching the Hunt family. I found John Bramley Hunt's 3rd marriage, in Cuyahoga county,Ohio. Probably the same county where he married Wilhelmina Gottschalk. There are Gottschalks in that county, probably her parents. My offer still stands, sending you the Hunt genealogy, if you want it.

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 2:51AM GMT
Surnames: Hunt, Gottschalk, Gosney, Ewalt, Walter, Parrish, Jett, Mcmillen
I am back reserching the Hunt family. I found John Bramley Hunt's 3rd marriage, in Cuyahoga county,Ohio. Probably the same county where he married Wilhelmina Gottschalk. There are Gottschalks in that county, probably her parents. My offer still stands, sending you the Hunt genealogy, if you want it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic