Search for content in message boards

ISAAC SPARROW BIBLE

ISAAC SPARROW BIBLE

Posted: 22 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: SPARROW, BAKER, CUNNINGHAM
ISAAC SPARROW

Copy of the Original Bible and transcription provided by Dr. W. Keats Sparrow. Original in possession of Mrs. Dorothy Baker.

The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues, and With the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. The American Bible Society, New York, D. Fanshaw

Susan Sparrow the wife of Isaac Sparrow was Bornd the 21 day of April 1823

Isaac Sparrow son of Patric Sparrow (illegible) his wif borned th 6 day of September 1822

Avy Sparrow the daughter of Isaac Sparrow and Susan his wife was bornd the 4 day of October 1845

Elvy Sparrow the daughter of Isaac Sparrow Susan his wife wase bornd the 2 day of ----

Nancy Sparrow the daughter of Isaac Sparrow an Susan his wife was bornd the 18 of October the 1851

Pinkey Sparrow the son of Isaac Sparrow an Susan his wife was bornd the 30 of December the 1853

Marshal Columbus son of Hardy and Maria Cunningham was born February the 5th in the year of our Lord 1847

Kinion Baker the son of Jane Baker was born December the 2 day in the year of our Lord 1847

Charity Ruffin Sparrow the Daughter of Isaac Sparrow Jane his wife was borne November the 28 day in the year of our Lord 1854

Nicy ann Sparrow the Daughter of Isaac Sparrow and Jane his wife wase bornd Febary the 3 day in the year of our Lord 1854

Luise Sparrow the daughter of Isaac Sparrow and Jane his wife wase bornd March the 18 day in the yeare of our lord 1857

Iredel Swan the son of Isaac Sparrow and Jan his wife bornd September the 8th 1858

Ansolona the Daughter of Isaac Sparrow and Jane his wife was bornd May the 22th 1860

Gorg Isaac Sparrow the son of Isaac Sparrow and Jane his wife December the 18th 1861

Ann. Jane Baker the Daugh Nancy Baker was Bornd Janary the 3 day 1829

Elvin Mack Sparrow the son of Isaac Sparrow an Jane his wife was bornd Febary th 4 day 1864

Marge America Sparrow was Born March 13th 1876

Basil MacGruder the Son of Isaac Sparrow and Jane Sparrow his wife was born in October the 27th 1865

Amanda Malvina the daughter of Isaac Sparrow and Jane Sparrow was born September 15th 1867

Alpha Omega Sparrow the daughter of Isaac Sparrow and Jane his Wife was born the ---st day of July 1869

Ferney Wilson Sparrow Son of Isaac Sparrow and Jane his wife was born March the 7th day 1871

Re: ISAAC SPARROW BIBLE

Mimi Millard (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2003 6:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sparrow/Millard
I have interesting info on Iradel Swan Sparrow if you would like
to have it.Please email or post on message board

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 3:30AM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2003 12:23AM GMT
Is there a record of Isaac's first wife,Susan's death?

Keats Sparrow (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2003 12:34AM GMT
No record of Susan Sugg Sparrow's death has come to light. It is not mentioned in Isaac Sparrow's bible.

If you should find such a record, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.

Posted: 1 Feb 2003 10:28PM GMT
Thank you for checking on Susan Sugg Sparrow. I would
like to ask if anyone knows the burial sites of Isaac Sparrow
and wife,Ann Jane Baker Benton . I live in Goldsboro,N.C.
and I would like to visit this gravesiteand other Sparrow
family members(most especially,Iredel Sparrow) if there
location is known.

Keats Sparrow (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 9:32PM GMT
One possibility for Susan Sugg is that she may be the daughter of Micajah Sugg who was a neighbor of Isaac Sparrow in the 1840 Lenoir County Census.

The Ira D. Sparrow Cemetery is located just off of Eric Sparrow Road, which runs parallel to and just west of Hwy 11 at Deep Run. I helped Joyce Sparrow Taylor place a monument at this cemetery in December 2002 identifying it as the Ira and Frances Stroud Sparrow Cemetery. In return for my help, Joyce allowed me to memorialize Patrick Sparrow, the progenitor of the Lenoir County Sparrows, on the back side of this monument.

Isaac and Jane Sparrow are buried in the Noble Plantation Cemetery, which is in a field NW of the intersections of SR 1120 ("Nobles Mill Road") and SR 1121 ("Davis Mill Road") in Pink Hill Township, southern Lenoir County. In December 2002 my brother John Sparrow and I replaced Isaac's and Jane's wooden gravemarkers with granite markers. We are having the wooden markers conserved and hope to place them in the permanent collection of Heritage Place at Lenoir Community College in Kinston for future generations to be able to see.

Sparrow, Keats (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 9:45PM GMT
I'd be grateful for your information on Ira D. Sparrow, son of Isaac Sparrow, and I'll be pleased to reimburse you for any costs in sending it to me -- 307 Queen Anne's Road, Greenville, NC 27858. Many thanks, KS

Posted: 2 Feb 2003 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: Millard
I will be happy to mail the info to you at no cost. I will
print a copy of the info and a copy of the death certificate
of Willie Ira Millard to you tomorrow.

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 8:19PM GMT
I amlooking for the Nobles Cemetery(African American)is this the one and the same? Can anyone tell me where it is located in Pinkhill?

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 3:18PM GMT
The cemetery, Nobles, mentioned here is located at the old Nobles Mill, off Nobles Mill road in Deep Run,NC. Isaac Sparrow was my Great Grandfather and is buried there next to his wife Anne Jane. I have never heard of this cemetery being African American. Hope you find what you are looking for.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions