Search for content in message boards

Lillian May Herndon information?

Lillian May Herndon information?

Posted: 19 Jul 2006 10:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Herndon
I am the granddaugher of Lillian May HERNDON. She married twice. Once to a KUTZER, now she is married to Kerry B. KUYKENDALL. She has some brothers and sisters, and I only know two of them. There is a Claude HERNDON who currently lives in Eugene, Lane Co., Oregon. The other brother is Jim HERNDON (James possibly). They were most likely born sometime around 1940.

My grandmother was born about 1942 possibly in South Dakota. In the early 1990's, she flew back to South Dakota for her mother's funeral, but I don't have any details about who she was or where she went. My grandmother doesn't have a great memory now, so it's hard to get information from her on this subject.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Lillian May Herndon information?

Posted: 19 Jul 2006 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: HERNDON, WASSNER
Found some more information that I didn't have before.

Children of Charles Buchanan HERNDON and Viola Prescilla WASSNER(?):
Dorothy HERNDON (oldest)
Charles HERNDON (retired from McKellan AFB in Sacremento, CA)
James HERNDON (was in the Army; currently living in Minnesota)
Lela HERNDON
Claude HERNDON (was in the Navy; currently living in Springfield, OR)
Lillian May HERNDON ( b. Apr 12, 1940; currently living in Molalla, OR; m. Kerry Beard KUYKENDALL)
ALL CHILDREN BORN IN SOUTH DAKOTA

My grandmother said she believes her father, Charles Buchanan HERNDON was born in Kentucky. Also, she thinks her mother, Viola Prescilla WASSNER(?) was born in Arkansas.

Re: Lillian May Herndon information? UPDATES

Posted: 28 Jul 2006 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: Herndon, Wassner
Hi there all!

I am looking on information on my family of Herndon's who lived, and some were born, in South Dakota.

My grandmothers name is Lillian May Herndon b. 12 Apr 1940 in South Dakota. Her father's name was Charles Buchanan Herndon (birth unkown but she thinks in KY) who died when my grandmother was 9-10 years old (abt 1950). Charles married Viola Prescilla Wassner (sp?), everyone called her "Pearl", who my grandmother believes may have been born in VA, and they had the following children, all born in South Dakota:

1st born: Dorothy
2nd: Charles (was in the Air Force; retired from McKellan AFB, Sacramento, CA; last residence Sacram., CA)
3rd: James (was in the Army; last known residence was Minnesota)
4th: Lela
5th: Claude (was in the Navy; currently living in Springfield, Oregon)
6th: Lillian May "Rusty" (my grandmother)b. 1940

Viola "Pearl" died in the 1990's. I remember my Grandmother and mother flying to South Dakota for her funeral when I was very young. All this information is from my grandmothers memory, so I am not sure about the accuracy.

Does anyone have any information on ANY these Herndons?

Thank you in advance!
~*~Jodi Mann~*~

Posted: 31 Jul 2011 9:07PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2011 9:08PM GMT
I know it has been awhile since your research request but this is what I have.
JOHN BEAUREGARD HERNDON (my great great uncle) was born in Caseyville, Union County, KY on Nov. 1861. He was called "Uncle Buck". I was told he walked with a cane or the help of crutches.
He was one of 6 children of "Capt. J.A." James Alvin Herndon,Sr. and Damaris Lackland.
Most were employed with or in connection with the River.
When the Floods of that area became too severe many of them relocated to the Wabash County area of ILL.

Are any of these name in your research, if so we may be related. Thanks

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 3:23PM GMT
Thanks for all of your information. I don't think my family belongs to your thread. I'm looking for a J.W. Herndon who lived in Missouri in 1877 and was married to Elizabeth Driver McCall. My grandfather, William Driver Herndon was orphaned, probably around 1881.

JHugg9104

Posted: 1 Aug 2011 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Herndon, George, Driver, Winn, Tussey
Thanks for all of your information. I don't think my family belongs to your thread. I'm looking for a J.W. Herndon who lived in Missouri in 1877 and was married to Elizabeth Driver McCall. My grandfather, William Driver Herndon was orphaned, probably around 1881.

JHugg9104

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 1:47AM GMT
i realize it has been sometime since this post, my mother was lela herndon kimball, she and lily are sisters and i remember your grandmother from when i was a child going to nevada to visit, please feel free to email me. my mother lela died several yrs ago, is buried next to her mother.. Pearl never went by viola, she was married 3 times i believe. pleast feel free to contact me. i have a baby pic of pearl that is quite nice.

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 1:56AM GMT
i am sorry i forgot my email, it is pvhenni@yahoo.com

Posted: 24 Dec 2013 9:07PM GMT
MY NAME IS CLAUDE HERNDON,I'M LILYS NEXT OLDEST BROTHER'
I WILL BE HAPPY TO TALK TO ANY BONIFYD MEMBER OF THE
FAMILY, I KNOW THE WHOLE FAMILY HISTORY . HOPE TO HEAR
FROM SOMEONE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions