Search for content in message boards

Adkins WVA.,Logan.Cabell

Adkins WVA.,Logan.Cabell

John Puckett (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 5:13PM GMT
WardBertha Susan(Watson)Adkins.1883to1963,
Children: William,John,George,Lula,Crilda,Lettie I., and Ruby.Lived in Oh,MI,KY, but settled in WVA. Sons raised families in or near Logan, LulaTaylor also Windle, in or near Huntington

Adkins - Cabell Co. WV

Susan Adkins (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2000 8:26PM GMT
I am also looking for information on the Adkins family in Cabell Co., WV. My husband's grandfather was Earnest Adkins. Possible DOB is 13 Mar 1908 and he died in 1949 in an accident. He was married to Mary Evelyn Stewart nad had 5 children; Robert, Steven, James "Jimmy", Dorothy and Donna. If you have any information please contact me via email texsusrma@aol.com -- Thanks

Adkins,Cabell Co. WVA

John Puckett (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 3:58AM GMT
Susan, Thanks for the note, I do not recognize your names, but my info is so sketchy, there may be a connection. I will keep your note and give names to a lady on the net who has extensive files on the Adkins and put her in touch with you if she has any matches. Good luck John

Elkins or Adkins family

Gail Elkins (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 6:16PM GMT
My name is Gail Elkins, father-Collis Elkins deceased, mother-Lucille Elkins-my sisters, Shirley and Sue both deaf, brother Donald Elkins we are from Huntington WV , Cabell County, if you knew any of us please contact me, I am looking for my family on the Adkins or Elkin
s side of the famil.
Sincerely
Gail Elkins
Posted: 24 Dec 2000 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 12:33AM GMT
CAN YOU ALSO GET ME IN TOUCH WITH THIS LADY DOING GENEOLOGY IN THE SAME AREA HOPEFULLY SHE CAN HELP ME ALSO

Earnest Adkins

Posted: 6 Jan 2001 6:42AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 7:26PM GMT
Susan - It could be we are cousins. My grandmother's brother, Earnest, was killed about 1949, according to my mom. My grandmother was MaeBelle Adkins. Their parents were Charles Milton Adkins and Mary Messinger. All siblings were: Maggie, Nancy, Sarah Elizabeth, Albert, Geraldine, Violet Verlie, Mary Anne, George, MaeBelle and John. Earnest is buried in Lone Oak Cemetery in Cabell County in the same plot as my grandmother and her parents. You can find some of the family info on the ancestry tree by plugging in Charles Milton Adkins. They do not have all the siblings listed, as you will see. I believe all siblings are now deceased. Earnest would have been my great uncle, but died the year I was born. Hopefully this is the same person as your husband's grandfather.

Charles Adkins Family

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 1:23PM GMT
Rebecca,
I think you are probably right, that you are my husband's second cousin. I really don't have much family histoy information except for what you already know. I was doing a lot of hunting on the web this summer but with the holidays I havent been doing as much. It's exciting to finally meet someone in the family though.
I was wondering if you would have any more information regarding Earnest's death. My husband remembers being told that he died in some kind of accident. If you know anything more or have an obit you can share that would be great. My husband's father and grandparents on the Adkins side have all passed away so we dont have any sources of information besides a couple of aunts and uncles. His aunt, Ron Parsons mother, did give me enough names that lead me to the fact that they were the children of Charles and Mary (Messinger) Adkins.
Anyway you can email me at texsusrma@aol.com and we can share some more information.

WILLIAM ALVIN ADKINS of WV

Neelie Joe Adkins (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2001 12:33AM GMT
WILLIAM ALVIN ADKINS was born in Delmartin, WV. about 1863. He was previously married to (?) and had about 10 children with her. William then married, my grandmother, MARY M. ADKINS(MAGGIE STAFFORD).MAGGIE was born in Logan, WV. 1923. They had 9 children,
JOE ADKINS b1949-d 6/1998
BILL ADKINS
JOHNY ADKINS
MILTON "JR" ADKINS
EMMA ADKINS-? d 10/1985
NELLIE ADKINS-TRIPP
POLLY ADKINS-SPIKES
LOUISE ADKINS-STARLING
GRACIE ADKINS-GAMBLE

Adkins

Clayton Parsons (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 11:10PM GMT
Earnest died by drowning in a bridge building accident. I cannot tell you where the accident happened, but that is what I know of it from my mother Dorothy Adkins Jewell. I would imagine that an accident such as that would be in the Huntington paper around the time of death. If you find more about the Adkins family please pass it on to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Adkins

Posted: 3 Jun 2001 8:32PM GMT
Thanks for the info. I will try to research and see if I can find a newspaper article on it. I will pass it on to you if I can find. Mark knew it had something to do with an accident when working on a bridge, but no details. You can email me at texsusrma@aol.com.

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions