Search for content in message boards

Josiah Nance/Frances Doty

Josiah Nance/Frances Doty

Posted: 8 Apr 2004 1:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2004 5:18PM GMT
To anyone researching this line. I have received an email from National Archives confirming that Josiah Nance died as a result of wounds received at the battle of Bakers Creek, MS and died as a result of his wounds on May 19, 1863.

Re: Josiah Nance/Frances Doty

Posted: 31 May 2004 3:12PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2004 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: NANCE
Who were the parents of Josiah.. ?

Posted: 31 May 2004 5:24PM GMT
Hi Sonia.
I have never been able to find the parents of Josiah Nance. His known siblings were: A brother (my g.g.father, Wright Nance) and 2 sisters, Minerva Nance McGowen, and Sarah Nance Tate. Wright and Josiah married sisters (Catherine and Frances DOTY, respectively). Josiah and Wright were born in TN (1825 and 1828), not for sure where Minerva and Sarah were born. Minerva died in OK in 1914. Wright died before 1900 on TX. Josiah was killed in the Civil War. I'm pretty sure Josiah and Wright's parents had other chilldren, possibly by other spouses. I appreciate your site, it has been very helpful, but this has been a brick wall for about 8 years. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Posted: 31 May 2004 7:18PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2004 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: NANCE
Thanks

This did connect a few people in my NANCE database but I haven't anything on Josiahs's parents.. yet.. Sorry

Sonia

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: Nance
I took a DNA test and am definitely related to Donald Eugene Nance, nstagefright@aol.com. His ancestor is Josiah Nance. You can probably trace your ancestors through mine. You can email me at yeshua2000@yahoo.com..Christopher Allen Nance, Oklahoma.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Nance
Hi Donald, this is Chris Nance. I'm co-administrator of the Nance DNA Project. I have found the parents of Henry Addison Nance. William Nance(1818-1858) and Elizabeth Sparks(1818) are his parents. Henry was born the same year as his father William died in 1858. Henry's mother Elizabeth remarried to Thomas J Waggoner by the 1860 census, and so her last name is listed as Waggoner. Happy to call you my relative..Chris Nance yeshua2000@yahoo.com 405-370-4549
per page

Find a board about a specific topic