Search for content in message boards

Ella Putnam in Virginia

Ella Putnam in Virginia

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Putman, Loveless, Gill
I am researching Ella Putman and her mother Lucinda Putman. Ella is my husband's great great grandmother. Ella was born about 1855 in Warren County, Va and she married Jonathon William Loveless in 1877 in Warren County, Va. Her mother was Lucinda Putman who was born about 1834 in Virginia. Lucinda's parents were Pencythia (Gill) and William Putman. I would like to learn more about Ella and her mother Lucinda. Thank you.
Becky Cook

Re: Ella Putnam in Virginia

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 10:23PM GMT
go to http://www.billputman.com/VAfauquier.pdf
use the find function in Acrobat search for Lucinda Putman.
Going forward there is info about Ella and backwards to 10th century England.

I have a parallel database in PAF to Bill's (much of the work his), but unless you traffic in gedcom databases it is not of much use to you. Your husband and I are related through Thomas Putman III 1665ish Gloucester Co., VA. My line goes forward through Zachariah, his through William. I hope this helps.

Best,
Dan

Re: Ella Putnam in Virginia

Posted: 6 Jul 2009 11:34AM GMT
Hi, and thanks Dan,

Yes go to that file on my website. I don't have a lot:

Ella Putman born in 1855. When she was married November 28, 1877, she listed her name as Ella McGovern, and her parents as Lucy Putman. She seems to have been married previously to a McGovern. In 1877, she married Jonathan William Loveless in Warren County.

Also kinda vague on why she used the name McGovern. If you can add anything, dates kids etc, I'll add and update.

BillPutman@aol.com
www.BillPutman.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions