Search for content in message boards

Cobb/Terrell

Cobb/Terrell

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COBB, TERRELL
Looking for information of ROBERT COBB(S) who married Mary Terrell in Caroline County, Virginia 12 October 1755. Also looking for early 1800's Fleming Cobbs who also married in Caroline County.

Robert Cobb(S)

Tommy Cobb (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cobb
I am also looking for information on Robert Cobb(s) who was probably born in Caroline Co. abt.1735 and was married to Mary Terrell on 12 Oct 1755 at the Cedar Creek Meeting House in Hanover Co. I think that Robert and Mary were Grandparents of mine. I have other information on the Cobbs of Caroline Co. and would be happy to share this info with you.
Tommy Cobb

Re: Robert Cobb(S)

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2004 5:20PM GMT
Hi, I am trying to find the parents of Nelson Cobbs, born 1796 in Caroline County, Virginia married Mary E. Humphreys, born 1801, they had three children: James Edward Cobbs, Elizabeth N.Cobb, and Sarah L. Cobbs. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you

Posted: 3 Feb 2003 2:27AM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2003 10:52PM GMT
I am looking for information on Lewis V. Cobbs of Caroline Co., Va that had a relationship with a Judith Gatewood. They were living together in the 1870 Census and Judith had children with her last name but a son was named Lewis Gatewood. This child was born 1853-54. Other children were Benjamin born about 1860, Richard born about 1862, James born about 1864 and Betsy born about 1868. Benjamin listed on his Caroline Co., Va marriage register his parents as J. Gatewood and V. Cobbs. I know that Lewis V. Cobbs did marry a Susan W. Mills approx 1821 but I do not know what happened to her. Mr. Cobb gave his age as 60 in 1870 and Judith was age 38. Please share any and all info that you can. My family is descended from James Gatewood born about 1864.

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Cobbs
I found a document from the Central Rappahannock Heritage Center Archives regarding the estate of Lewis Cobbs dated 1843. It lists the children of Lewis Cobbs. Nelson Cobbs is listed as a son. Lewis' widow is listed as Susan W. and I think she is likely a later wife and not Nelson's mother. Other children listed are: Overton, Lynch, Fleming, Terrell, Lewis V., Harriet, and infant son Robert T. It mentions a Napoleon P Luck as spouse of a late daughter. I believe her name is Elizabeth from a marriage record I found.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions