Search for content in message boards

Martha (Patricia)(Pattie) Lee -m- Green Duke

Martha (Patricia)(Pattie) Lee -m- Green Duke

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 9:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2004 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: McCullough, Davis, Bridges
I am attempting to verify the parents of Martha Lee [b. 29 Feb 1816- d. 18 Mar 1904] - m. Green Duke on 18 Sept 1842 in Union District, SC.
I have her mother as Sara(h) Jackson but have seen 3 different men listed as her father - William Lee, Thomas Lee and James Lee. Would like to know for sure who was her father and other up stream info.
Martha Lee was my ggg-grandmother.

Re: Martha (Patricia)(Pattie) Lee -m- Green Duke

Posted: 7 Sep 2004 5:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Barry; Good to see your posting...as I scour all message boards about once every couple years looking for relatives to add to the James and Mary Lee (Fred. Co., Md 1764) website...
Your Martha was the daughter of James and Sarah [Jackson] Lee. James and Sarah J Lee were both born in Union Distirct, Union Co., S.C. on their parents plantations. James was born in 1788 to Amos and Celia Lee; Sarah was born in 1791 to Mark and "Peggy" Jackson. Mark got his land from his father, Samuel Jackson; James lived on land belonging to his father, Amos Lee, who bought it from his father, James Lee. This family was a tough trace, but after 30 years and some help from DNA, we know at least a few more generations of/for Amos' line. If you are interested in sharing in the fun and research, please contact me and we will send you an invitation to the website...
very best regards,
Robert e Lee jr.
p.s. be prepared to share your own relation from/through Martha and Green Dukes...
p.s.s. you also have an interesting tie-in to a long-chain of West ancestry in same said area of S.C.!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic