Search for content in message boards

Unidentified Hunter Children

Unidentified Hunter Children

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUNTER
In my collection of Scottish family members I have a photograph with a caption of 25/7/1934 William and Agnes Hunter. My materal grandmother was Elizabeth Martin Hunter b1897. She had no other male siblings that could given William and Agnes so the children were probably cousins. There is a chance that their parents could have emigrated to Canada or USA.
Should anybody recognize them I would be most welcome to hear from you.
Attachments:

Re: Unidentified Hunter Children

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 2:42AM GMT
Well I gotta say they do have the Hunter Hair line, and hunter curls. I am still working on my Hunter family site and you are welcome to have a look. I am the rgeat, great, great grand daughter of Daniel Hunter, who came from Ireland. But my family line is not so simple. His daughter Margaret Hunter married Denise Hunter. I don't know if they were related to begin with or just had the same last name. So have a look and see. Keep in mind there are lots of hunter spin offs. Maybe your children here have a connection to us hunter's in Canada, happy huntering... Kimberly hunter

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
i know of a Agnes Hunter. Hazel Agnes Hunter-daughter of Albert and Addie Hunter-Stilwell, Oklahoma.
Will continue to look, I am in contact with her son.
I am Debbie Lowe, married to Gary Wayne Lowe. Addie was his grandmother.
thanks
you have some great, good quality pics.
Debbie

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 11:57AM GMT

Thank you for the replies. I have since found two later photographs of both siblings William and Agnes Hunter. As I said before I don't have any more details unfortunately and I will have to rely on somebody recognising them.
Regards
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 4:21AM GMT
I have a Gr Aunt Agnes Hunter, born 1878 either Scotland or Pa, not sure if she was born before they came over. Her brother was my Gr Gr Grandfather, James Hunter of Scotland.But must not be related to me as I do not know of a William Hunter. Great pics tho!

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: hunter, kilberg
Fred l hunter is my grandfather his mother is mary gilbert father augustave gilbert, freds wife is my grandmother and thier child is my mother carla ann

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 1:33AM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Hunter
Bob, I don't know the children but Elizabeth Martin Hunter caught my eye. I have been looking for the parents of Thomas Hunter, b 1810, and Nancy Martin, b 1820, with no success. Thomas and Nancy are my paternal great great grandparents. I thought the Martin name might connect us in some way. Do you have any info on them? Thanks, Verna Hunter Gee

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 7:59AM GMT
Hi Verna

I have had a quick look for a Nancy Thomas connection but without success. Both surnames are of course quick common in Scotland. I have access to another tree owned by ernestmartin147 but again I could see anything. It still might be worth contacting him though. Thanks for responding.
Good luck with your research.
Bob

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 1:56PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Martin
Bob, thanks for the info. After I sent your message, I found info on the Martin message board about William G. Martin and Rebecca Anderson from Abbeville, SC. According to this info they had eleven children. A Nancy Martin was listed among them and the time frame for her birth and location would fit in. The family moved to Ga. about the time she was born. There was no info about her birth date or who she married, but I'm hoping I will get more info. If you get more info please contact me. Verna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions