Search for content in message boards

Heenan/Lovegrove

Heenan/Lovegrove

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 11:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Im looking for relatives of my great Uncle William Lovegrove he was born in Oxfordshire eng imigrated to Halifax Ns he married Margaret but is also list ia having married a Charlotte Simons...his daughter Emma Lovegrove married William j Heenan

Re: Heenan/Lovegrove

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:33AM GMT
Hi, I am not a relative but did some searching.

William's wife is listed as Margaret in the 1891 census and there is a daughter Margaret (b. about 1866) as well -- living in Halifax.

Margaret was b. about 1829 in St John's, Newfoundland -- her parents are listed as being born in Ireland. She died in 1891 in Halifax.

William died in July 1909 at the age of 80 yrs.

Charlotte M Lovegrove died in 1909 at age 45 yrs. It states that she was single and was living at the same address as William so I would likely think that she was his daughter shown as Margaret in the census records.

Emma M Lovegrove married William J Heenan in June 1883 -- witnesses Henry Heenan and Mary? Lovegrove. parents are listed as William, master mariner, and Charlotte.

You can check the marriage and death records at:

www.novascotiagenealogy.com

Hope this is somewhat helpful!!

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 1:58PM GMT
thank you very much jebuote appreciate it angie

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Heenan
My wife is descended from one of William J. Heenan's brothers.

According to the 1901 census, William J. and Emma Heenan had two sons, Joseph G and William C Heenan.

Joseph G. Heenan married Margaret Cable and had at least five sons and one daughter. William C Heenan was married and lived out his life in Halifax, but I don't know whether he had children.

One of the sons of Joseph G Heenan was Fr. Gregory Heenan, a Catholic priest who died just a few years ago. He was our parish priest for a few years, a quiet and good-humored man we thought the world of.

Another of the sons became a top executive with a large telephone company in western Canada.

The daughter was still living in Halifax a couple of years ago. I think she married, but don't know her married name.

According to the website Canada 411, there is only one Heenan still listed in a Nova Scotia telephone directory. I don't know whether he is one of your relatives.

There is an Ancestry.com family tree for part of this Heenan family.

Pat Curran

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 6:19PM GMT
thank you curran my great auntie emma lovegrove is one an some emma heenan think they married in 1889

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 6:28PM GMT
Good afternoon,

I've done a little bit of research on these families for you and have found that there are Heenans and Lovegroves buried in Holy Cross and Mount Olivet cemeteries. Just wondering if you have looked into this research.

Trueman Tufts,
Star1@bellaliant.net

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 5:28PM GMT
annes19

I've got photos of the Heenan and Lovegrove headstones in the Holy Cross cemetery here in Halifax. Would you like a copy for your records?

Trueman

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 3:19PM GMT
ive trying to for a long time but with little luck, any help would be great trueman

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 3:20PM GMT
yes the would lovely .trueman thank you angie

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 5:19AM GMT
I am a relative. My father is one of the sons born to Emma's son Joseph Gregory Heenan. my Dad and his oldest brother live in British Columbia. Two other son's of JG live in Ottawa.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic