Search for content in message boards

Sullivan, Denis Co Cork

Sullivan, Denis Co Cork

Posted: 10 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 12:56AM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan
Looking for information regarding Denis (Dennis) Sullivan born abt 1803 in Co Cork. He died abt 1868 in Ireland. Denis' wife's name is unknown.

Denis' children:
Timothy b. March 1835, Dunmanway, Co Cork
Patrick birth date unknown
Dennis, birth date unknown
John, birth date unknown

All the boys emmigrated to the US about 1852

Denis also had a daughter who's name is not known. It is believed she married a Cunningham and remained in Ireland.

DUNMANWAY SULLIVANS

Posted: 18 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2002 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: SULLIVAN, COLLINS, O'MAHONY
In response to Denis Sullivan in Dunmanway, I am searching for two lines: JEREMIAH COLLINS from Roscarbery parish (father and son) who emigrates to Baltimore, MD around 1851. I have reason to think he came from either Cahirmore, Reenasreana or Dunmanway. Once in Baltimore he marries the other line, JOHANNA SULLIVAN. Her father is named as Timothy Sullivan on both her death certificate and that of her unmarried spinster sister, MARY SULLIVAN. I have no direct leads on where in Ireland, much less co Cork, this family might originate. I'd be curious to hear what more you know.

Sullivan

Gabrielle Gousie (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, Flynn, Nugent
I am descended from John J. Sullivan born around 1820 in Cork, Ireland. He married Mary Flynn in Ireland and she had a child John Sullivan Jr. The child was 6 months old in 1849 when the sailed to America. The child died on the way over. Later Mary Flynn died and he remarried Cecilia A. Nugent. Do you know of any relation or any good Sullivan resource pages?

thanks

Gabrielle Gousie
Seattle, WA

Sullivans of Cork

A J Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan
Do you know the date of birth for Denis Sullivan or if he had sons Timothy, Patrick, Dennis and John who immigrated aropund 1852?

Sullivans in Cork

Sharon Majewski (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, McCarthy, Sheehan, O'Donnell, Armstrong
My G-G-G-Grandfather is Denis Sullivan of County Cork. He married Angel (Angela?) McCarthy and had my G-G-Grandmother, Agnes Matilda Sullivan in 1874 in Ireland. She later married John Sheehan (DOB 1873) of Castlemaine (son of Jeremiah Sheehan and Joanna Sullivan). Together they had my Grandfather, Denis Anthony Sheehan (born in the US). Denis Sheehan later married my Grandmother, Margaret Mary Armstrong, daughter of Mary Catherine O'Donnell and Francis Xavier Armstrong (from county Mayo).

I am looking for further connections to any of these relatives.

Sullivans in Cork

Sharon Majewski (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: sullivan
At this time, the only thing I know about Denis Sullivan is that he was married to Angel McCarthy and that they had a daughter named Agnes Matilda Sullivan who was born 10/22/1874. I know they had other children, but I'm not sure of their names right now. I'll keep you posted of anything else I find out.

Great grandparents

Tomeli Dews (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, Garvey, Hickey
My grandmother was Elizabeth Katherine Sullivan. She had a brother Patrick, James, Margaret, Mary, Elizabeth (who died around 1yrs. old, bitten by a black widow spider in her buggy and Katie who died in child birth. Their mother was Bridget Garvey who married Patrick Sullivan. Bridget's mother was Nora Hickey who married a Garvey.

I do have a second cousin named Thomas Sheehan and I'm not sure but I think his father was Jeremiah.

Thanks for any help
Tomeli Dews

OD/Sheehan-Cork

Posted: 21 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: O'Donnell, Sheehan, O'Connor, Connor
My John O'Donnel born 10/10/86 in Cork was the son of Michael O'Donnell & Mary Sheehan. It is not clear whether he imigrated alone or with family.
He married Catherine O'Connor (or Conner) and settled in Brooklyn, NY (Greenpoint). They had 8 children (two sets of twins). John had cousins in Freehold NJ, an Aunt Min (Mary O'Brien who died 12-11-58) Her family worked at the Freehold raceway. There was also a Father Seamus Power who celebrated his first mass in Maynooth June 23, 1957. He had a part time parish in Queens, NY and a sister upstate NY. Please let me know if any of this is familiar to you. Thanks for your time & trouble. powers@ptd.net

Sullivan of Co Cork

Posted: 18 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: Sullivan, Lyons
Am searching for parents of my grmother Johanna LYONS SHEEHAN b. 1870's in Ireland (Co Cork) and came to US as a teenager. Her mother is listed as Joan SULLIVAN on her death certificate; her siblings, Pete LYONS and Maria LYONS also came to Columbus Ohio in the 1890s. Would appreciate any help or conncetions. Thank you, Molly Placko

Dunmanway

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mahony, Sullivan, Keating, Hayes
Where is Dunmanway? I've just learned that my great-grandmother, Honora Mahoney, was born in Dunmanway, County Cork in 1829 but I cannot find it on the map. Honora's parents were James Mahony and Mary Sullivan. Honora married William Keating and they emigrated to Mt. Morris (Livingston County), NY around 1870. My grandmother, Johanna Keating, was their first child born in the USA - her five older siblings were born in County Cork, Ireland (probably in Skibbereen).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic