Search for content in message boards

McVan

Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jan 2002 10:21PM GMT
Surnames: McVan, McKenna, Raisner, Daub, Hutt, Crouthamel, Raisner
I am looking for information on the McVan family. Edward McVan, his wife Mary and children Jno, Mary and Cath. emigrated in 1848 to NY and settled in Medina NY. I also have a record of the family of John McVan from the 1865 Shelby, Orleans County, NY census. It lists his wife as Mary and children, Jane, Ann Bridge, Mariah, and Ellen. He is listed as a NYC Railroad worker. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to find out more information on this family since I'm not familiar with researching in this area.
Thanks,

Charlotte

Re: McVan

Judith McVanNice (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 6:50AM GMT
I live in Chicago and my father was named Joseph. We are African-Americans. I was told the name was Scotch-Irish and my great grandfather was of that heritage. So glad to meet another McVan. Keep in touch..
Posted: 7 Sep 2001 12:20PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2002 10:21PM GMT
Judy,
Thanks for your message. I have a record of a Catherine (Kate) McVann marrying Thomas Meredith Jan 11 1894 in St. Thomas Apostle Church Chicago. Both were born in Tubbercurry, County Sligo Ireland where my ancestors were from. Do you know if this is your family? Do you have any more information on your great grandfather (or grandfather)? I would be interested in anything like birthdates,date of death, marriages, children, etc. I am trying to piece together all the McVans I can find.
Charlotte
Posted: 13 Nov 2005 2:14AM GMT
Hi! Just wondering if your Ellen McVan married a Clement Allen in Yorkshire England, as we have had relatives that went to America/Canada, but sadly have heard nothing for years.

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 8:50PM GMT
Charlotte,

I have that entire Meredith family documented fully back to the mid-1700's including the McVann connection from Cloonacool, Sligo, Ireland. Tubbercurry is nearby and is the local registration district for BDM records.

I am very interested in learning more about your McVann family to include in the Meredith family history.

I recently finished a book regarding the Meredith family from Sligo that you may all be interested in.

From The West - The Merediths of County Sligo, Ireland.

Let me know if you are still ative here.

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 8:52PM GMT
Hi Judith

if you are still on here I'd love to talk to you about your McVann family.

mfaul at faul dot net

Cheers

Mike Faul

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions