Search for content in message boards

Garrett's of Edgecombe County, NC

Garrett's of Edgecombe County, NC

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 5:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garrett
Does anyone have any information on a Redden Garrett listed in the Edgecombe County, NC Vital Records 1720-1880? or info on any Garrett's in Edgecombe County?
Please e.mail me.
Thanks
Paula

Re: Garrett's of Edgecombe County, NC

Posted: 11 Jul 2009 1:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Paula,

My name is Joe Hines and I live in Va. I come from a long line of Garretts that was from Edgecombe Co, N.C. until the year 1874 when most of them left for Kings Mountain, N.C. and became very well to do people. Some became Mayors of Kings Mountain some were well to do business owners, one even became the biggest wine grower and owner in the United States until the year 1940 when he died. His name was Paul Garrett and he owned the wine called Virginia Dare. You can see it on the internet.he became a billionaire in his day but lost alot of his fortune during the depression.

I'll see how Redden Garrett fits into my side of the Garret Family if at all and let you know.

What other Garrett Family members are you interested in?

If possible I'm loking for a couple of Garretts that lived in Edgecombe Co long ago. There names are

Timothy W. Garrett and he died 14 Aug. 1823 and lived only a month. I'm trying find where he's buried in Edgecombe Co. His Mother was Susan Garrett.

Lucinda Garrett was an infant who died in Edgecombe Co. and is buried there but can't find the grave site. She died on 14 Aug. 1886 in Edgecombe Co., N.C.

I would appreciate any help you can give me on these two people.

My e-mail address is as follows:

hinestightlines@aol.com

Hope to hear from you soon and you have a blessed day

Joe Hines
per page

Find a board about a specific topic