Search for content in message boards

Cherokee County History Book

Cherokee County History Book

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Aug 2001 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: Goff, Carter, Johnston, Reid
I would like to purchase a copy of the Cherokee County History book published several years ago. If anyone has a copy they would part with contact me.

book

Ray goff (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reid, Goff, Johnson, Carter
Wanda you might try thr Libary in Rusk they may have a copy

Cherokee county History Book

Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 7:34PM GMT
Cherokee County Historical Commission is reprinting the Cherokee County History book. The price is $75.00 including tax plus $5.00 shipping. The book will be available about April 1, 2001.

Cherokee County Historical Commission, 222 S. Ragsdale, P.O. Box 1128, Jacksonville, Texas 75766, (903) 586-4057 Open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 1:30 p.m. until 5 p.m. Recommend calling to make sure the office is open.

Looking for info on Morrow, Priestly, Davis, or Ragsdale

Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 2:15PM GMT
Surnames: Morrow, Priestly, Ragsdale, Davis
Looking for info on Ragsdale, Priestly, Morrow, or Davis families around Cherokee county. (Turney - Gallatin - Rusk)

RAGSDALE & PRIESTLY

Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: RAGSDALE, JOWELL, PRIESTLY
My 2 great grandfather Richard R Jowell's first wife was Martha Ragsdale. I have some information on both Ragsdale & Priestly families. Let me know if I can help.

Ragsdale and Priestly family

Posted: 19 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ragsdale, Priestly, Davis, Morrow
I would like to have a copy of the Ragsdale charts that you have and should be able to receive. Also the census info that you have and any other. The only info I have on Elizabeth Ann (Ann Eliza) is the names of her parents- Ann Chappell and Nimrod Ragsdale but no dates or names of her siblings, etc. She must have named her daughter after her siser. Thanks and also I am going to order a Cherokee County book this week
Sherry

Meador Cemetery

Mitchell (View posts)
Surnames: Ragsdale, Jowell, Priestly
My Martha was sister, not daughter, of Elizabeth Ann [or Ann Eliza] Ragsdale Priestly. All the info I have on your Priestly/Ragsdale line comes from the Cherokee History book -- it's good you are getting a copy. I live in Austin & the State Library genealogy section has a copy.
I once had the url for the Meador Cemetery bookmarked but unfortunately dumped it. Just tried a web search & couldn't find it. You might try posting a query, surely someone in Cherokee Co has a copy of the listing.
I lived for a year in Tyler in the early 1950s & spent most of my childhood summers with my grandparents in Frankston. Now, I only pass through that area once or twice a year.
If you are able to receive MS Word files as rich text attachments to email, I could send you a copy of my Ragsdale chart (only 1 or 2 pages). I cannot guarantee the accuracy of all the information. I can also send you Ragsdale family reports that give census records that I have found. Let me know if you want all or any of this.

Morrow, Priestly, Davis and Ragsdale families

Surnames: Morrow, Priestly, Davis, Ragsdale
Thank you for your response. My 3 great grandfather was James Austin Priestly (April 10, 1817-April 30, 1884. He was married to Elizabeth Ann Ragsdale (September 11, 1819-June 4, 1860). They had 11 children and one of the daughters was Martha Elizabeth, born January 10, 1854. Is this the Martha that your 2 great grandfather was married to? I know that he was a Qtr. Mst. Sgt., 2nd Regiment, Texas Infantry, CSA. He was captured at Vicksburg in 1863; escsaped and was captured again in Nashville ab out December 15, 1864. Was a POW until the end of the war. He is buried in the Meador cemetery, I believe that is outside of Jacksonville. Do you know where?
I would like to have more info, where he was born, who his parents were, etc. Also more info on Elizabeth Ragsdale. I not only want to do the family tree but, also include stories. I heard that the book on Cherokee County is available again and hope to get it. Do you live in Cherokee County. I still have lots of relatives there and grew up in Tyler but now live in Colorado Springs.
Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions