Gordon Eugene Cassidy, b. 1906 CT, d. 1969 NC

Gordon Eugene Cassidy, b. 1906 CT, d. 1969 NC

Posted: 25 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 23 Jul 2002 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy, Grogan
The Charlotte (NC) News, Wed., Jan 1, 1969
G. E. Cassidy
The funeral for Gordon Eugene Cassidy, 62, of 1700 Cliffwood Place was at 11 am today at Hankins and Whittington Funeral Chapel.

The Rev. Edward Biss of Saint Peter's Catholic Church officiated. Burial was in Elmwood Cemetery.

Mr. Cassidy died Wednesday.

He was born June 16, 1906, in Bridgeport, Conn., son of Eugene L. and Catherine Grogan Cassidy.

NOTE: This is not my Cassidy line but I saw it while searching for another obituary.

Re: Gordon Eugene Cassidy, b. 1906 CT, d. 1969 NC

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 11:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cassidy, Gordon
Hello.

While doing some work to our home in Charlotte NC, we came across some personal items and handwritten letters from 1927 between Gordon Cassidy and friends of his in Bridgeport CT (Harry ____ and Helen Crowe).

It seems, from the letters, that his parents moved to Charlotte from Bridgeport and he came here hastily in 1927 to be with his ill mother.

We're trying to find anything out about him and hopefully locate any remaining family to share his things with them. The letters would be quite special to someone who is related...

If you have any more info from what you came across here, we'd love to use it as a lead.

Thanks so much!

Re: Gordon Eugene Cassidy, b. 1906 CT, d. 1969 NC

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 10:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
We have a family connection to Gordon E. Cassidy - please email me separately at douglas.nash@us.army.mil.
Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions