Search for content in message boards

William J. Farrington (1867-1925) Yonkers, NY

William J. Farrington (1867-1925) Yonkers, NY

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farrington
I am looking for information on the family of my g-grandfather, William J. Farrington (b. Feb. 28, 1867, d. Mar. 2, 1925) of Yonkers, NY. I believe that his paerents were Bernard J. Farrington)born around 1825, probably in Ireland, may have immigrated thorugh Liverpool, died in Yonkers in 1882) and Mary, died in Yonkers 1888. Mary's maiden name may have been Lynch. His wife was Mary Lavinia Burke (b. June 16, 1870 Mt. Hope NJ, d. June 27, 1951 Yonkers NY). William was one of 10 children, many of whom raised families in Yonkers. I hope someone can help!

Re: William J. Farrington (1867-1925) Yonkers, NY

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 2:16AM GMT
Surnames: Farrington
I am sure that we share William J.Farrington as a great grandfather.My grandmother was his oldest child,Marguerite and my father was named William after him.

Posted: 13 May 2014 1:51AM GMT
he was my great grandfather as well...my grandmother was marguerite farrington hurley-I am the daughter of william j hurley

Posted: 14 May 2014 10:37PM GMT
I'll have to look at your tree for new info! I guess we are some kind of distant cousins. Do you know anything about the first Farrington in our tree to come to the US, Bernard J. Farrington? He would be our great great grandfather.

Posted: 23 Jun 2015 6:37AM GMT
My name is William J. Farrington. I grew up in Yonkers NY. I believe the William J . Farrington (1867-1925) is my Great Grandfather. He was the 1st paid Assistant Fire Chief in Yonkers. I have his Badge and picture. His son by the same name, my grandfather, was the Commissioner of the Dept. of Public Works. Lived on Lafayette St. Yonkers. My father, deceased, William J. Farrington III was the Deputy Police Chief, Yonkers. His Brother John Farrington and 3 sisters Mary Lou, Ada & Margarette are still alive. They probably have more info than I do. John" Jack" Farrington is the last remaining Farrington in this line to still live in Yonkers. I had 2 sons and yes I named my oldest William J Farrington, but he passed away 4/21/2015,36 years old, so I am the last surviving William J. Farrington from Yonkers. I am 60+ years old. Hope this helps you.

Posted: 23 Jun 2015 1:47PM GMT
Yes,he was my great grandfather-my grandmother was Margarette,the oldest child,raised on Lafayette St.-she married Daniel Hurley my grandfather and had two living sons-Daniel and my father William Farrington(Joseph)-they were raised in Yonkers-they are no longer living-I am in my early 50's-my father was 39 when I was born-I would love a copy of the photo and a photo of the badge.My name is Julie Farrington Hurley-email address-irishfairyring@gmail.com-272 Emery's Bridge Road-i am very sorry about your son-losing a child is the most difficult death to endure-

Posted: 23 Jun 2015 1:48PM GMT
sorry my address is 272 Emery's Bridge Road,South Berwick,Maine 03908-got distracted getting my 15 year old up for work!

Posted: 24 Jun 2015 12:57AM GMT
I would also like a copy of the photo you have, if possible.William J. was my g-grandfather also. I believe my dad, Francis X. Farrington, Jr. (Known as Tim), is one of your dad's cousins. He is still living. I'd also like to know if you have any info on William J.'s parents. I believe his father, Bernard, was the first Farrington in our line to immigrate to America. I don't have much more information about him, like when he arrived in the U.S., his parents' names, or his hometown. Any info you have would be interesting to me. My e-mail is dfarrington62@msn.com, mailing address 4642 Coastal Hwy., Crawfordville FL 32327. Thank you, cousin! Deirdre Farrington
per page

Find a board about a specific topic