Search for content in message boards

Issac S (1859-1917) RITTER of Mississippi > Oklahoma

Issac S (1859-1917) RITTER of Mississippi > Oklahoma

Posted: 11 Sep 2001 3:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jan 2005 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Ritter, Floyd, Kelly, Jones, McMahon, Hoff, Rogers, Ross,
Our Great Grandfather was ISSAC S. RITTER born 19SEP1859 in MISSISSIPPI. We know of only one family member, a brother, JOHN ROBERT RITTER born 16DEC1867 in MISSISSIPPI. There were at least two older brothers and 2-4 sisters as well as 2-3 younger brothers.

We have been unable to locate any information on their parents or the names of all of the children born into this side of the Ritter family.

What we do know is that our Ritter's entered the American Colonies between 1750 and 1765 coming from GERMANY into NORTH CAROLINA, eventually settling in MOORE COUNTY. From there our family members moved into ALABAMA, LOUISIANA & MISSISSIPPI living there until after the Civil War.

After the war the remaining family members moved to ARKANSAS where other family members had been living since about 1855.

In @1880 ISSAC S., JOHN ROBERT & 2-3 of their brothers moved into the OKLAHOMA TERRITORY & then the INDIAN TERRITORY settling in the McCLAIN COUNTY area.

JOHN ROBERT married to MISS ADA KELLY @1901 possibly in PURCELL, McCLAIN COUNTY. ADA KELLY RITTER was born on 05FEB1880. They had only one child, known, a daughter OPAL RITTER who married a MR. McMAHON. John Robert Ritter died on 02JUL1934 and is buried in the main McCLAIN COUNTY CEMETERY; aka COBERT-GRAVE FARM CEMETERY. ADA RITTER moved to Oklahoma City after John's death and lived with her daughter's family until her death on 18FEB1965.

ISSAC S. RITTER's life is even harder to pin down. We know he married twice, first to our Great Grandmother MARY FLOYD, date unknown. Mary Floyd may well have been born on the Indian Territory possibly at VIOLET SPRINGS, McCLAIN COUNTY.

There were four known children from this union: WALTER EVERETT born 01OCT1901 at the SACRED HEART MISSION, McCLAIN COUNTY, INDIAN TERRITORY (our Grandfather)married MARY REBECCA HOFF & died on 15DEC1975 GUTHRIE, LOGAN COUNTY OKLAHOMA, BULLA/ULLA married a ROSS, DONEY/DONIE married a ROGERS died in OREGAN, and CLARENCE COLUMBUS born 01OCT1890 in VIOLET SPRINGS, INDIAN TERRITORY, died 22FEB1974.

Despit extensive searches in multiple areas, we have been unable to trace the life of ISSAC S. RITTER beyond what we have here. We believe his second wife's first name was also Mary and we know her surname was (MRS.) JONES. There were three additional children born with this union. Issac S. Ritter died on 10MAR1917 and is buried in the McCLAIN COUNTY MAIN CEMETERY.

There are no CENSUS STATE/TERRITORY/FEDERAL that lists Issac Ritter in the states and territories where we know he lived. There is no death certificate for him nor any mention of his marriages to either wife. We have only a one sentance obit in the Purcell newspaper stating he died from pnuemonia. The only legal document we have found is the parental consent, signed by Issac, for his son Walter E. Ritter, who was under 18 at the time, to marry Mary R. Hoff.

Any help with clearing up the loose ends with our side of the Ritter family would be greatly appreciated.

James (d.1816) & Ann (BURCHAM) RITTER of Surry Co., NC > Greene Co, IN

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 9:01PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2005 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: Ritter
Do you have a James Aaron Ritter married to Anne Violet Burcham. I am not sure if his name is James Aaron or just James or just Aaron.

Re: James (d.1816) & Ann (BURCHAM) RITTER of Surry Co., NC > Greene Co, IN

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 3:40AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2005 2:38AM GMT
We have some scant information on (an) Aaron Ritter, however we do not know how he is related to GGrandfather Issac S. Ritter. There are just too many gaps.

Re: James (d.1816) & Ann (BURCHAM) RITTER of Surry Co., NC > Greene Co, IN

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 9:10AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2005 2:38AM GMT
At this point any information is welcome. Could you send it to sharon@n-link.com

B.F. & Nancy (JOYNER) RITTER of Mississippi and/or Carolina's

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 4:19AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2006 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Ritter, Joyner
I have recently acquired information concerning our GG-Grandparents. The parents of our G-Grandfather ISSAC S. RITTER were B.F. and NANCY JOYNER RITTER.

If anyone has any information on the Ritter-Joyner Families of MISSISSIPPI and/or the CAROLINA'S we would appreciate hearing from you.

Re: Issac S (1859-1917) RITTER of Mississippi > Oklahoma

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 2:31AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2006 5:37PM GMT
Evelynne,

I seem to have the information that you are lacking on Isaac S. Ritter and the rest of that side of the family. Maybe we can get together and exchange any info that we may both have/need. You can email me at Lady28ok@aol.com

Posted: 11 Jul 2011 5:14AM GMT
Isaac Solomon Ritter was born to B.F. Ritter in Mississippi. He moved to Indian Territory by early 1890. He and Molly (Mary?) Floyd had several children Johnny Franklin, James ERdward, and Elmer Lusinka who died young. My Grandmother Trannie La Donia was his oldest daughter. Other Children were Tinnie Viola, Walter
Evert and Clarence Columbus. MOlly died and Isaac married a second Mary Elizabet6h Williams (Cleveland) about 1905.
They had Earvin Haskil, Alpha Elizabeth, George Reevis, Irene Hilda.
This second marriage produced Marry Elizabeth They went to New Mexico but returned to Oklahoma about 1910.

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 3:12PM GMT
Surnames: RITTER - FLOYD - CLEVELAND - WILLIAMS - JOYNER
Issac Solomon Ritter (19Feb1859-10Mar1917) and Mary Elizabeth "Mollie" Floyd Ritter (12Feb1865-29Oct1903) were my husbands G-Grandparents, through their son, Walter Everett Ritter Sr (24Jul1896-15Dec1975) and his only wife, Mary Rebecca Hoff Ritter (12Feb1865-29Oct1903).

Issac Solomon died in New Mexico, but his remains were returned to Oklahoma where he was buried at Woody Chapel cemetery, Dibble, OK. Mary Rebecca died in Konawa, OK and is buried at Violet Springs Cemetery, in Violet Springs, OK.

We are trying to locate as many descendents of Issac and Mary "Mollie" and information on Issac's second wife, Mary Cleveland Williams.

Issac and Mollie Ritter's children were:
1) Trannie Ladonia (31Mar1890-16Sep1972, married Ephraim
Goss;
2) Clarence Columbus (01Oct1891-22Feb1974), married twice:
a) Nora L?
b) [a] Mary Cleveland (not his stepmother);
3) Beulah (o5Mar1899-31Dec1969), married Alva Rogers
4) Tennie Viola (1894-22Nov1940), married twice:
a) Donald "Don" Fisher
b: Job Phillip Hash;
5) Walter Everett Sr - our Grandpa
6) Donna - died young

There were four children by Mary williams Ritter:
1) Webb - died young
2) Irene Hilda;
3) Ervin/Irvin Haskil;
4) George Revis

Alpha Elizabeth, James Edward, Elmer Lusinka and Irene Hilda, were by Mary Cleveland Williams and her first husband, not by Mollie Ritter.

Evelynne M. Ritter
Guthrie, OK

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 6:03PM GMT
Hello I am looking for Mattie E. Ritter
my 2nd great grandmother

Birth ?
Death ?

she married William "Bill" Randell

my 2nd great grandfather

their son Lewis Alonzo Randell

my great grandfather

Birth Feb. 5, 1872 in Clifton, Bosque, Texas, USA

Death April 9, 1942 in Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA

other know children are:

Francis Randell
Birth ABT 1872 in Texas, USA
Death ?

Pearl Randell
Birth ABT 1883 in Texas, USA
Death ?

Dee Randell
Birth ABT 1894 in Texas
Death ?

not sure if Mattie and William moved to Oklahoma or if it was Alanzo when he grew up but we do know he died in Oklahoma. Any Information would be very helpful I have been trying to search them for years and no luck on finding any information Hope and pray someone see's this and can shed some lite on this branch Thank you!

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 12:25AM GMT
Tranie La Donia was my grandmother. We have some differences in information. First, if you check the Indian cencus of Oaklahoma Isaak or Isak and molly had two boys older than La Donia (Donie) who died young. My information has Mary Cleverland only having one son when she married Isak. My Grandmother and Isak -Mary both married on the same day. There is a picture of the family at that time. Do you have it?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic