Search for content in message boards

Gallegos

Gallegos

Posted: 17 Jan 2006 3:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GALLEGOS, STEPHENS
I am looking for any information on Ruperta Gallegos, born approximately 1838 in New Mexico. She married Richard M. Stephens. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Gallegos

Albert Vidaurre (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2006 6:10AM GMT
Greetings:

The following marriage information is from the book " New Mexico Marriages Santa Fe, St. Francis Church/Cathedral. Jan 1858-Oct 1889." By Luis Gilberto Padilla y Baca. Published By The Hispanic Genealogical Research Center Of New Mexico.Extracted from LDS Microfilm Reel # 016-899.

In this church of Santa Fe on the 18th of November of 1869, I joined in matrimony Amado Vaca, from Pena Blanca, single, legitimate son of Tomas C. de Vaca and Gertrudes Lucero with Maria de Jesus Stephens, from Santa Fe, single, legitimate daughter of D.M. Stephens and of Ruperta Gallegos. Padrinos: Jose C. Sena y Isabel Vaca.

In this church of Santa Fe on the 29th of December of 1875, I presented and blessed the matrimony of Jose Romualdo Ortiz, single, legitimate son of Jose Ildegonzo Ortiz and of Juana Maria Romero, with Vicenta Stephens, single, legitimate daughter of Robert Stephens and of Ruperta Gallegos, both from Santa Fe. Padrinos: Amado Vaca and Jesucita Stephens.

From the book "Santa Fe.The Autobiography of a Southwestern Town. By Oliver La Farge.Published by The University of Oklahoma Press. ISBN: 0-8061-1696-X.Page 47..

R.M. Stephens is listed as a witness to the shooting on Dec 15,1867, of Chief Justice John P. Slough who was shot and killed in La Fonda bar by " Captain" W. L. Rynerson, a former sergeant in the California Volunteers and at the time a member of the Territorial House of Representatives, who shortly before had introduced a resolution censuring the justice.

From the book "New Mexico 1850 Territorial Census, Vol.4. Bernalillo and Santa Fe Counties.Published by The New Mexico Genealogical Society,Inc.

1850 Census..Santa Fe County
Sheet 332. Page 132.25 Nov.1850
Stevens, R. M. 25 M NM
Gayello, Ruperta 17 F NM
Maria Lorenza 7 F NM
Jose Cenobio 4 M NM

1860 Census.Schedule 1-Free Inhabitants in The City of Santa Fe, County of Santa Fe, Territory of New Mexico. Page N0. 9. 20th day of June 1860. Chas. Blumner, Ass't Marshal.
57-56 R. M. Stephens 35 M Carpenter Value Personal Estate 2000 Born Tennessee
Ruperta Gallegos 22 F Born New Mexico
Maria 9 F Born New Mexico
Vicenta 5 F Born New Mexico
Juan 4 M Born New Mexico
Ysabel 1 F Born New Mexico
Nicolasa Tenorio 13 F Born New Mexico

Best of Luck on Your Search.

Alberto

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 7:32PM GMT
ALBERT, JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE NEW INFORMATION. I AM HOPING THAT IT WILL LEAD ME IN THE DIRECTION OF FINDING THE PARENTS OF RUPERTA GALLEGOS AND RICHARD STEPHENS. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO READ MY POST. HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!

michele (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2006 12:54PM GMT
Mrs. Tomasita (Johnson) Gallegos
Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Mrs. Tomasita (Johnson) Gallegos, 92, passed away on Aug. 21, 2004. She is survived by her children,
Gilbert (Dolores) Gallegos of El Paso, Texas, Florence (Tom) Santos, Christine (Joe) Flores, Phyllis
Rivera, all of Pueblo, and Joseph (Judy) Gallegos of Denver; sister, Virginia Johnson; brother, Raymond
(Florence) Johnson of Pueblo; sisters-in-law, Juanita Baca of Phoenix, Sarah Steelmon of Denver,
Pauline Gallegos of Los Angeles; and brother-in-law, Joe Maestas of Colorado Springs. Tomasita is also
survived by her 25 grandchildren, 53 great-grandchildren and four great-great-grandchildren; as well as
numerous nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her husband, Gilbert Gallegos; and her
children, Irene, Eugene, Sarah Ann and Daniel Gallegos; grandson, Thomas Santos Jr.; her parents,
Raymond and Clemaca (Valdez) Johnson; sister, Frances (Lee) Cruz; brothers, Edward Johnson, Arthur
Johnson and Garfield (Irene) Johnson; parents-in-law, Leandro and Sarah (Tapia) Gallegos; brothers-in-law,
Ernest Gallegos, Manuel (Mary Ann) Gallegos, Frank Gallegos, Lauro Baca, Raymond Steelmon;
and sisters-in-law, Lillian Gallegos, Helen Maestas, Santana (Solomon) Gallegos and Emma (Candido)
Gil. Tomasita was born on Feb. 5, 1912, in Elizabethtown, N.M., to Raymond and Clemaca (Valdez)
Johnson. She grew up in Cokedale, Colo., and moved to Trinidad where she met and later married
Gilbert Gallegos on Aug. 25, 1928, at Holy Trinity Church in Trinidad. Mr. and Mrs. Gallegos and
family moved to Pueblo in 1944. At the time of Gilbert's death, they had just celebrated their 63rd
wedding anniversary. Tomasita was a homemaker and caregiver. She spent her last 11 years living with
her daughter, Florence; and son-in-law, Tom Santos. Visitation, 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday, at Imperial Funeral
Home. Rosary, 7 p.m. Tuesday, and funeral Mass, 10 a.m. Wednesday; both services at Our Lady of
Mount Carmel Church. Interment, Imperial Memorial Gardens. .....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic