Search for content in message boards

Jeremiah Barnett of Potsdam NY

Jeremiah Barnett of Potsdam NY

Ted Barnett (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 8:47PM GMT
Would anyone have info on a Jeremiah Barnett, who had emigrated from Schull, Ireland to the US in the 1840's-50's?

Re: Jeremiah Barnett of Potsdam NY

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would you know if he had a brother Justus? There is a Jeremiah age 53 listed in the 1870 census with his wife, Catherine age 54, daughter Ellen age 20, Son Daniel age 12 and son Cornelius age 10. Acopy of his will is also posted in messages here on Ancestry.com.
Madeline

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Fletcher, Barnett, Risner, Poe
Do you have any information on Daniel s/o Jeremiah & Catherine? My Great Great Grandfather was Daniel Barnett b. 1850s. He married Evaline Unknown. Does this sound like the same person?

Madeline E. Black (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 8:22PM GMT
Pam, This Daniel would have been born 1858 so as you have 1850's listed it is possible. I am not sure, though I have come across no other Daniel yet in this area for this census.
He is also listed as son to Jeremiah in Jeremiah's will. There is a copy of this will here in the county message boards. Go to New York state, county-St. Lawrence then look for Will of Jeremiah Barnett of Potsdam, NY. It was entered 30/Aug/2000. This will give you some other info to work with as well.
I have not done anything else on this family other then to try and determine if Jeremiah is a brother to Justus.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Madeline

Jane Lehner Neer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2003 6:46PM GMT
Yes, he was my great-great grandfather. My mom is Helen Catherine Smith one of Grace Barnett Smith's children. Are you related to Neil or Thod Barnett? They are my mom's second cousins. I have a great deal of info once they came to the States. Neil came here a few years ago to visit my mom She lives with me--is 90 years old.

We must be related.

Sincerely,
Jane Lehner Neer

Jane Neer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2003 6:50PM GMT
I have these same census records. This is my great great-grandfather. My great grandfather was Michael Barnett. Ellen married a Barry. Jeremiah came from Schull. He married Catherine Driscoll in Ireland and left her there to come to the US. When he was able to buy a farm in Waddington, he sent for her and their first four children--John, Patrick, Ellen and Michael.

Jane Neer

Jane Neer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2003 7:04PM GMT
Yes, Dan Barnett(4/26/1859 to 5/5/1946) was one of my great grandfather's brothers. This Dan married Helen Louise Brash. they had one daughter, Mary Catherine Barnett (4/15/1898) who married J. Frank Burke. Is tis the one you are interested in? If so, reply. He became a forester and spent nearly his entire career in the lumbering industry, traveling extensively in the northeast and buying horses in the west.

Jane Neer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions