Search for content in message boards

Moses Freeman

Moses Freeman

Ang (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 9:52AM GMT
I'm looking for information on Moses Freeman, born in Virgina around 1800, lived in Vinton County Ohio with his wife Peachy Ann (also born in Virginia).

Children in 1860:
Harriet
John
William E.
Loses M.
Mimas?
Adelia
Moses
Sanford
Josiah

I believe his daughter Harriet married Michael Donahue or Donahoe and stayed in the Wilkesville, Vinton County area. There was a Michael Donahue (born in Ireland) living in the Moses Freeman household in 1860.

Any connection with any Freeman family out there? Please email me at ang@alltel.net.

Thanks!

Mose Freeman

Sandra Freeman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2000 7:59PM GMT
My husband is a Freeman, his grandfather was Mose Freeman who was born in Kentucky. Year unknown. Died around 1929 in Dover Arkansas. Parents names unknown. He has 11 children by his first wife (name unknown also) then married Mary Ann Dunlap and had 7 more children before he died.

Moses Freeman Connection?

Jonathan Freeman (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2000 6:19AM GMT
Ang, I am looking for information also. My great great grandfather was William Eli Freeman. I havent been able to find any ancestors beyond him yet. He supposedly came from Virginia and would have been born around mid 1800s. If Moses Freeman's child you have listed as William E. is my gggrandfather then I have a lot of information on his decendants, including myself.

Please reply to this Message if you have any information.

Thanks!

Moses Freeman, ATTN Sandra

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 6:24AM GMT
I live about 10 miles from Dover, Ar. I am looking for ancestors beyond my gggrandfather, William Eli Freeman. Could Moses Freeman be one. Can you advise where in Dover he is buried? Any information about him would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Jonathan Freeman

Mose Freeman

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 8:03PM GMT
Mose is buried in the Owens Cemetery, Butcher Hill, AK alongside his 2nd wife, Mary Ann who died in 1968. Of the 11 children of his first marriage (wife's name unknown) we know there was a John, Jack, Jim and Elizabeth. No other info on them is known.

Freemans

Ang (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 3:51PM GMT
Hi--thanks for your message!

Here's what I know right now...it's a little sketchy, but I'm working on it:

The William E. Freeman that was the son of Moses and Peachy Ann Freeman was born ~1847 in Gallia Co., Ohio. According to another Freeman researcher, Pamela Napper, William married a Priscilla Napper. The family lived in Vinton Co., Ohio.

Let me know if you find a connection!

mose freeman

sandra (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 7:06AM GMT
My husband is the great-great grandson of Mose W. Freeman. Mose's first wife was Minerva Ann Hobbs. They got married in Newton Co., AR. They had 10 children. After Minerva died he married Mary Ann Dunlap, she was the daughter of Adam Dunlap Jr. and Martha Rowland. She was also a sister of Rebecca Elizabeth Dunlap Freeman, my husband's great-grandmother. Rebecca was married to Mose's oldest son John Henry Freeman. Mose and his second wife are burried at Owens cemetary, north of Dover Arkansas on highway 164. The graves are marked.
Mose was the first child of Lazarus and Rhoda Freeman to be born in Arkansas. He was born about 1846 and died Jan. 16, 1929.
My name is Jennifer Freeman and I am doing some research on this subject for my husband,Wendell. My e-mail address is jkfreeman29@hotmail.com or post a response on here.
I will be glad to help any way I can!

Mose Freeman

Posted: 2 May 2000 3:23PM GMT
We would be most grateful for any info you can give us on Mose Freeman and his first family. My husband, whose father was Charley Freeman, one of the sons of the second marriage, has been searching for information on the first family for several years. You can E-Mail me at sdrrf@aol.com or just thru this posting.

Moses Freeman

Posted: 2 May 2000 4:10PM GMT
Thanks for the information. I had never heard of Moses before I read your message. Ill be asking around and see what I can find further on him.
Thanks again.

mose freeman

jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2000 12:31PM GMT
Sandra,
Is your husband's father Charles Omer Freeman and did he live in Sikeston Mo.? This Charles is the son of Omer Freeman who was born in 1908 to Mose W. and Mary Ann Dunlap Freeman.
Omer was the 16th child of Mose Freeman. Charles is the oldest of his children. The second son Erman Dwain Freeman was from Dover. I graduated high school with his oldest daughter, Christy.
Omer and Erman and several other members of this family are burried at the Pollard Cemetary north of Dover in Pope Co.
I have found most of my information about them in a book at the library called Ross and Kin. It is a family research book about some families in Pope Co. I have been told that not all of the information is correct, but I did know Dwain Freeman and I went to his funeral.
I hope I helped you some.

Jennifer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic