Search for content in message boards

Jeanette MacDonald family in PHiladelphia

Jeanette MacDonald family in PHiladelphia

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 11:44AM GMT
William Wright married Mary Bates in the very late 1840's. Mary was born in Ireland but must have moved to England because she had her two sons there. I have conflicting information on this family. I did find a William Wright who died in the National Soldier's Home in the early 1900's but he says then that he was born in PA and that his father was Charles B.Wright (possibly Charles Blythe) and his mother was Elizabeth Donahue (both born in USA). I am confused as to this information. Mary and William had 9 children. They were:
John b. 1851 ENG
James b. 1853 ENG
Margaret b. 1857. USA
Joseph b. 1864. USA
JULIA b. June 20, 1866 d. Aug 1925 USA
Henry b. 1870 USA
Sally (Sarah?) married Madora
Anna b. Circa 1872 -married Daniel McDonald
Walter b. April 1878

Mary probably died because of child birth to a Walter Wright. They were intered in Odd Fellow Cemetery at 22nd & Diamond. They were removed and taken to Mt. Peace on April 25, 1878. The William Wright that I know was my great, great, great grand father died in Philadelphia on February 10th and was intered on February 15th at Mt. Peace. They must have immigrated after 1853 but before 1857 because Margaret was born in the United States. (sorry, doing the best I can) I believe that William may have been from Lancashire. William Wright may have entered the Port of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1854 but this has not been documented as fact as of the date of this writing. I would very much appreciate any information relating to this family. I would enjoy finding any family I may have overseas. This family is related to the Jeanette MacDonald a famous actress in the 1940's. I would like to find family for historial purposes ONLY! Some of the family members might be in California. Anna had Edith Blossom Rock and Elsie Scheiter. Elsie was intered on October 6, 1970. She was 74 years old. There is also a Rebecca Hays that is buried there. I do not know how she fits in ...yet. Anyone? I believe her son and grandchildren are in California. Thanks and good luck to all!

Re: Jeanette MacDonald family in PHiladelphia

Posted: 2 Jun 2003 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query

My grandfather was William Penn Wright from Philadelphia. He was the brother of Jeanette MacDonald's mother....that makes my mother and Jeanette MacDonald first cousins. I have known of this connection all my life and used to take "Jeanette MacDonald" memorabilia to school for "show and tell"....I'm sure you know Blossom Rock as "grandmama" on the Adams Family series.

I would like to get more information as my mother Sallie M. Wright Seekford Volk has been doing genealogy for many years....Thanks, Alma Vowell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions