Search for content in message boards

John Stinson

John Stinson

Posted: 28 Sep 2002 5:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jan 2004 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: STINSON CUNNINGHAM
I am looking for John Stinson's parents and siblings. He was born 1799/1800 in PA. He married Hannah Cunningham on 2 Jan. 1823 in Muskingum Co., OH. His family was in the 1850 census in Knox Co, IL. Their children are Elizabeth, William, Mary, Rosana, John, Virginia, and James. They were living in Putnam Co., MO on the 1870 census.

Re: John Stinson

Posted: 2 Nov 2002 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: stinson,kelly,squires,howarth,wiegner
Hi,I Keller i have family fromIL,OH,MI,Pa i also have kelly in my tree too! i believe you and i are related somehow,i don't know excatly yet how; i believe from the stinson or kelly side.did you change your last name from kelly to keller? all your info as far as place s go thats where my dad said all of his people are from! you have keller or kellys and stinson in your family so do i ! so,there is some family connection here,ihaven't figuer it out yet ! but i will. lets compare trees,heres my e-mail address:(howarth1800@yahoo.com)
p.s. do you have wiegners,squires or howarth in your tree too? anyone from Mi or just lived there in Mi between 1919-1955 ?

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Stinson/Kelly
Saw your 2002 message re: Stinson and Kelly. My first known Stinson (James) married Mary Kelly in 1780's probably in PA, and moved to Shenandoah County, VA. Had 3 known children - James, John and Anna. Several Stinson relatives moved to Missouri in the early 1830's. Could this possibly be your line?

Pat

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 9:08PM GMT
What counties in Missouri did you Stinson move to?

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: Stinson, Roy, Grubba
My Stinson, Roy, Grubb families settled in Marion County, Missouri in the late 1830's. The first John Stinson that I have found was born in 1783 in PA. His father was James Stinson and mother was Mary Kelly. James could have had a brother named John as they seemed to name every generation - JAMES and JOHN. John the first child, next came James, Jr. and Annie, who were born in Virginia. James and Mary moved to Bentonville, Virginia a few years later. What part of Pennsylvania did your Stinsons live? Please let me know more about your Stinsons.

Posted: 18 Apr 2009 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: STINSON
I don't know what of Pennsylvania John's family is from. I keep running into dead ends. Do you have any ideas?

Posted: 18 Apr 2009 11:08PM GMT
I am not sure but a cousin found a James Stinson in Philadelphia in the early 1780's. This is my direct line and possibly John is a brother of James since he (James) named his first son John. This is when it gets confusing, since every generation has a John and James. Good luck in your search and keep in touch.

Posted: 26 Apr 2009 12:13AM GMT
What is your uptodate data on the PA John S.

I have a number of places I can look for you.

John Stinson stinsonj@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic