Search for content in message boards

Ancestry DNA Match Export

Ancestry DNA Match Export

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 12:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2013 2:20PM GMT
Has anyone found an easy method to export DNA matches into a spread sheet? I made contact with a potential cousin who utilizes the matches to find common denominator via the user name which is something I didn't think of... For now I copy and pasted the info into an Excel sheet and sorted the information A-Z based on her list. This method found one common ancestor based on the one user we were both matched.

I don't mind keeping my own system although it is extra work, but a way to export the matches via .csv to maintain the info would be great because my method you loose all the info when you sort.

School me, I'm open for an alternative method.

Thanks.

Re: Ancestry DNA Match Export

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 4:48PM GMT
This may not be much better, but if you put the info in excel columns you can use the filter feature in excel.

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 4:48AM GMT
There are some folks over at the DNA Adoption board who are working on that right now! THey already have a tool which will download all of the matches from FTDNA and 23andme into one file and they have been working on adding AncestryDnA to the mix.

Check out: dnagedcom.com

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 4:51AM GMT
I used the feedback button a while ago to request we be able to export to a list and also to sort by username. Maybe if they keep getting requests the will add it in a user friendly option.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 1:21PM GMT
Sounds good.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 1:23PM GMT
Can you point me to your link, I'll definitely add my vote to the cause.
Thanks

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 4:35AM GMT
I start to work on mine and get overwhelmed. I would love to have the data in some type of format to work on excel. I tend to shy away from the results because of the huge amount of work I have to go through. :-)

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 2:30PM GMT
You have my vote!

I'm still cutting and pasting match results. It does make a huge difference in analysis so I persist.

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 4:16PM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2013 5:10PM GMT
Hi, I also use excel in a similar manner. You shouldn't be losing any data when you sort in excel. Are you using a custom sort and highlighting the entire page and not just one column when you sort?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions