Search for content in message boards

Pierce Porter

Pierce Porter

Posted: 31 Mar 2010 6:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Porter, Sears, Culver, Weant, Irons
I am trying to find any information on Pierce Porter, his wife and children. Pierce was born about 1823 in New York and he's the son of Raphael Porter and Polly Wilson. I believe he married Adeline Sears. Their children were Mary (Culver), Jennie (Weant), Rosalia, Isabel, Emma, Clara (Irons) and Cory. I can only find Pierce in the 1850 census in Farmington, Clarion, Pennsylvania. 1860 & 1870 Adeline is listed with her children, but Pierce is not listed with them. I can not find Adeline after 1870. This family my huge brick wall! = :) Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Pierce Porter

Posted: 18 May 2011 7:42AM GMT
Try looking in the pierce family line, my husband is a Pierce and they would quite ofter in those days name a boy child after the Mothers maiden name if it sounded appropriate, Pierces go back to the Puritans

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 4:11PM GMT
Thanks for the response. I have actually looked for Porter Pierce, thinking they had the names reversed. His mother's maiden name was Wilson (Polly Wilson)

Since my last post, I have found Pierce's wife- Adeline (bad transcription) in 1910, living with a daughter, but it also states she's a widow! I am still not able to find anything on her, either from 1870 until 1900.

Posted: 29 Mar 2014 8:46PM GMT
My father's grandmother is Emma Porter from Pittsburgh PA. Not sure if she is related to your porter or pierce. I have not found her parents yet but you can look at my tree to see her more recent family.

Posted: 29 Mar 2014 9:55PM GMT
Hi. Well, darn. My Emma Aletha Porter is the daughter of Pierce & Adeline Porter. She was born abt Dec 1857 in PA, married Joseph Hollobaugh (sp?) and died May 20, 1928 in WV. So far, all the Porter's I have were born in NY or PA. Thank you for your reply.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions