Search for content in message boards

Book - Swains of Nantucket

Book - Swains of Nantucket

Posted: 15 Aug 2002 6:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of
Swains of Nantucket : tales and trails / by Robert H. Swain ?

Re: Book - Swains of Nantucket

Renae Curtis (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2002 12:06AM GMT
Funny you should ask. . .I just discovered this book yesterday and made some copies of some information about the Swain line that I needed---I would also like a copy of my own! I don't know where you could buy the book; however, I know the Family History Center in Salt Lake has put the book onto microfilm. You can order it through your local family history center and view it there! The call number for it is : VAULT US/CAN Film
1698038 Item 3.

Loraine McWhorter (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2002 5:37PM GMT
I would like to purchase a copy of the Swains of Nantucket, please help! In January 2001 I wrote to Robert Swain and received a reply from his widow, Mrs. Anne M. Swain, informing me that he died Jan 5, 2001, along with her apology that there are no more books available. If anyone is able to get hold of a copy of the book, we could duplicate it. I have Anne Swains address if anyone is interested. I also have information about 4 generations after Herschel Vesputian J. Swain if interested. Thanks, Loraine McWhorter

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2002 1:17AM GMT
I have a copy but don't know where to buy more. I descend from the Nantucket SWAINs also. Mine moved to the Carolinas in the late 1700's, then to GA. I descend from three descendants of Job SWAIN of Warren Co GA.

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2002 1:17AM GMT
My SWAIN moved from Nantucket to the Carolinas, then my Job SWAIN moved to Warren Co GA. I descend from Job SWAIN through two of his daughters and one of his sons.
I would be happy to hear from any of you by direct E-mail.
My snail mail address:
Dr. Reba Neighbors Collins, PO Box 2633, Edmond OK 73083

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 11:07PM GMT
Someone sold me a copy of the book. Thanks for all the leads on where to get one.

Marti Nosti Monaldi (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2003 6:03PM GMT
Surnames: Swain, Macy, Gardner, Coffin, Barnard, Weare, Paddock, Sears
Richard Swayne & son John Swain were both GrGrandfathers of mine. They were among the first purchasers of Nantucket in 1659. I would also love to purchase the book. Please tell me how.
Thank You Much!
Marti

Posted: 4 Mar 2003 1:54AM GMT
Someone responded to my message that had an extra copy that they were willing to sell.

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 1:11AM GMT
Is there any information in the Swain Book regarding Leonard Capron who married Tamar Swain on Nantucket 12 Nov 1790?

Posted: 12 Jun 2004 1:52AM GMT
to dr reba neighbors
hello my name is charlotte swain. have been able to trace my hubby's family back to job swain but no futher i was able to trace them to N.C job is my hubby's gggg grandpa any info you can share would be wonderful
thanks
i have the line down as job swain (N.C) and his son john swain (Tn) and his son noah swain (TN)and his son jessie joe swain(TN) and his son jessie paul swain to my hubby lewis swain there is more name but thats teh line my hubby is in
per page

Find a board about a specific topic