Search for content in message boards

Chapmans from NY state

Chapmans from NY state

Posted: 21 Aug 2010 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chapman
As many of us know, there are so many Chapmans out there.... so if anyone has Chapman ancestors from NY state then post it here. Hopefully we can see if any of us are tied.

Re: Chapmans from NY state

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 5:44PM GMT
Thanks for the post...My grandfather was Joseph Charles Chapman b. 28 sept 1924 in New York. His Father was Victor Charles Chapman and I believe he was born there too. Victor was married to Ida Powell., New York. We don't have too much info for this part of our family so ANY info for them is greatly appreciated :)

Posted: 9 Jun 2011 12:01AM GMT
Iknow quite a few Chapmans in the New York area. Charles A. Chapman deceased 1965 in Chamberlain Cemetery in Great Valley NY

Posted: 25 Jun 2011 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, West, Thomas, Rouse, Cone, Thomas, Jones,Pardi/Purdy
Hi, My 3d great grandfather Nathaniel C. Chapman, son of Stephen (both CT born) married in New Lebanon, NY to Polly Rouse had several sons born in same area, Daniel, David Abraham M, Nathaniel C., Hirum, Charles T., George. Several had large families and appear to increase the population of Pittsfield, MA
They eventually settled in Pittsfield, MA and some of the small towns in the area, they were all stonemasons. 6 sons
served in the Civil War, several wounded, one died in a prisnor of war camp, Nathaniel went west to Mich. and then on to Washigton State..Having diff in finding marriage & birth records in NY

Posted: 29 Jul 2011 6:25AM GMT
My great grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Burghduff Chapman from her first marriage and had two sons. She then married my great grandfather Elmer Vreeland and they had twins - Milford and Mildred(my grandmother). They lived in Sennett, NY.

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 7:19PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman,Gilbert,Tompkins,Scouten
I was diggin' around in the Chapman line here,and saw your post. I have a great grandma Viola Tompkins Gilbert Scouten who married a Gilbert sometime between 1880-1882. She gave birth to Lena and Franklin. Her 2nd hubby,Benjamin Isaac Scouten adopted them both. Lena married Jesse Chapman. They lived in Marathon as young children,but Gr Grandpa Benjamin moved them to Cortland. Lena and Jesse had several children:

Edwin b:1911;Margarette b:1915;Irene b:1916;Christine b:1920;
Viola b:1922;Beatrice b:1926 and Robert b:1928.

Great Grandma Viola was Native American.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: Chapman
My GGG Granfather Ralph Chapman married Myra Smith, he was born in Conn, but she was born in New York. Both died in New York, he in Poolville, Madison County, New York and she in Edmeston, Otsego, New York. They had four children: Ordelia CHAPMAN, Venera S. CHAPMAN, *Daniel A. CHAPMAN, Erastus CHAPMAN...Daniel is my GG Grandfather.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: Gleason, Bailey, Chapman, Graves and Currie
My Great Grandmother was Alice (Chapman)Bailey B: 1875, D: 1953. She married James C Bailey. She had 1 sister Charlotte (Chapman) Currie B:1885 both in Leslie, Ingham, Michigan, USA. Her parents were Eli Dennis Chapman Born in Camillus, Onondaga, New York, & Annette Graves also born in New York, but can't find anything on her, His father's Mother was Charlotte Gleason, daughter of Darius & Maria/Mary (Van de Wauker) Gleason. His Father was Elias Chapman B: 1824 Camillus, Onondaga, New York, D: 28 Dec 1857 in Leslie, Ingham, Mi., he also had a older brother Elias Clinton Chapman B: 1849 in Camillus, Onondaga, New York. Eli Dennis was killed by the fall of a tree at the age of 33 years old. I'm not able to find any more on this family, is anyone out there connected to this family? Kindest Regards Candy

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman, Allen, Phippeny
I have some info on Chapmans from Washington County, NY. Ebenezer Chapman settled there and married Mabel Phippeny in Dresden, NY. Suppossedly their 5 children were Annis, Sally, Mable, Delia, & Joseph. Would like info on all of them, but am mostly interested in Joseph. He married Electa Allen (originally from Vermont). They eventually moved to Koshkonong, Wis. and then to Marshall County, Ill. I would love to share information on this family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions