Search for content in message boards

DAR Lookup- John Messer, Edgefield, SC

DAR Lookup- John Messer, Edgefield, SC

Posted: 9 Oct 2006 1:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Messer
I am looking for info on John Messer (b. 1755 in Edgefield, SC, d. 1815 in Knox County, KY). I have been told he was awarded land in KY for his service in the RW. He had several children, but I am only certain of 2 sons: Sion and Moses. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks ~ Michelle

Re: DAR Lookup- John Messer, Edgefield, SC

Posted: 9 Oct 2006 3:01AM GMT
Hi Michelle,
I did not find a John Messer in the Patriot Index, Could it be posible that he spelled his name differently. I am not saying he is not a Patriot of the American Revolution, but that we do not have a John Messer listed. Sorry that we could not help you.\
Sincerely your, Wanda

"This is a free lookup by service provide by DAR Volenteer at the DAR message board."

Posted: 9 Oct 2006 4:13AM GMT
Wanda,
I appreciate your checking the index. As far as I know, he didn't go by any other name or variation in spelling. Could it be that no one has gone in under John Messer? If I can find records for him, maybe I'll be the first one :-) That would be great to find and add another patriot to the DAR.
Michelle

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 4:29PM GMT
Dear Michelle --
I, too, am seeking to qualify for DAR based on John Messer's service. I have references to his service but have not been able to obtain sufficient evidence of birth/marriage relationships to submit John for patriot recognition with DAR. I have John and James both listed in "Roster of South Carolina Patriots in the American Revolution," by Bobby Gilmer Moss, Limestone College, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, 1985. Do you have any documentation of relationships for Sion (1794-1857) to his father John (1755) to his grandfather James (1735)? I would appreciate any information you might have. Thanks, Adran

Posted: 17 Mar 2014 2:58PM GMT
Me too! I have also been told that two Messer brothers fought. I am working on it, it you guys find anything please let me know about it. Thanks, Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic