Search for content in message boards

Robert Hunter African American died Philadelphia, PA 1990s

Robert Hunter African American died Philadelphia, PA 1990s

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2012 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Griffin
I am looking for any info regarding my father-in-law robert hunter. He was married to annette griffin and they have three sons manny, robert jr and mitchell hunter. He was murdered in philadelphia in the 1990s.

Re: Robert Hunter African American died Philadelphia, PA 1990s

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 7:16PM GMT
Hi,

What kind of information are you looking for? The more specific you are the more likely we can help.

There were a lot of Robert Hunters who passed away in Philadelphia area in the 1990s so if you have a birth date and birth place that would be a good place to start.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 8:30PM GMT
that is my problem. Both of my husbands parents passed while he was a child and his brother. We have no information but the names on my husbands birth certificate. All we know is robert was shot and killed and his wife annette held him as he was dying. He was relatively young.....

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 10:30AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2012 11:49AM GMT
A death certificate would be the most logical document because that would have the names of his parents, birth date, where he was buried, etc.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/dea...

Be sure to check out the section on finding death certificates when the date of death is not known.

Also post to Philadelphia Message Board and be sure to post everything you don't know. The Philly board has members who actually live in the area and can give you some better information.

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.usa.states.pen...

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 2:11PM GMT
Thanks much!! I've been running into a lot of roadblocks...I'm new to this and the sites I found weren't showing me anything.

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 3:30AM GMT
Ok I was completely wrong...just found out he was shot in 1976 and is only my husbands namesake not his biological father. Robert is the father of robert jr and manny though. I also found out robert sr's family is from south carolina and he has sisters named fatima, sabria, martha and wadia.

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 3:45PM GMT
Hi Holly;

I am a direct descendant of African American Hunters of Camden, Bishopville, and Turkey Creek SC on my father's side. My great-grandma was Katie Hunter before she married into the Brown family. I am tracing my family roots and seen your post regarding a Robert Hunter. I see that he was from SC. Does Katie Hunter has any ring of memory for your husband?

I do know that Katie had a lot of sisters, and a brother named Clifford. I would appreciate it if you have any information. If not, thanks in advance for your help.

Very truly,
Paulette Forman

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 6:01AM GMT
No sorry my husband only knows about robert and his sisiters. I will ask his brother robert jr as soon as I get a chance though.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions