Search for content in message boards

Heard Family Wilkes County GA

Heard Family Wilkes County GA

Posted: 3 Oct 2007 4:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HEARD/ BUNCH/ SUTTON/ LOWE
I am searching for any remaining members of my Heard family. My father Thomas Vincent Heard b.1920 was an only child. My Grandfather was Thomas Vincent HEARD b 1890 in Danburg, Wilkes, GA. married Mabel Bunch. His father, Thomas Vincent HEARD was b. 1858. He married Lizzie May SUTTON and they had 3 children-my grandfather TV, Hubert and Evalela. The next generation is Thomas Anderson HEARD b. 1812 who married Antoinette Lowe and they had 13 Children. That should mean that there are Heard cousins around. I hope to hear from you. Debby Heard Watson

Re: Heard Family Wilkes County GA

Posted: 5 Oct 2007 9:22PM GMT
Debby,

I can't help with current relatives but you kin are in my database at wc.rootsweb.com in the "poole" database. I have added the info you posted and will update the database in a week or two.

John Heard

Posted: 1 Feb 2008 12:35PM GMT
Hello
My name is Hubert Heard. If we are cousins its from a long way back. I am a decendant of Charles Heard of wilkes county. He was born in 1718 and died in 1797. I have several relatives from there and Jackson CO. Ansel Cunningham Heard was borne in Jackson Co. before coming to Texas in the 1840's which is how the family got here. I don't know if this means anything to you but there it is anyway.

Posted: 3 Feb 2008 1:34AM GMT
Hubert, Which of Charles' children is your ancestor? When did your Heards leave for Texas. I am interested to see how we are related.

Posted: 3 Feb 2008 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Heard
The Charles Heard I am related to was born in Albemarle Va. In 1718 and lived in Abbeville South Carolina. He died in Fishing Creek, Wilkes Co. Georgia in 1797. His son William is the next in my line. He was born in Hanover Va. in 1752 and died in Jackson Co. Georgia in 1825. Next is Ansel Cunningham Heard, born in Jackson Co. Georgia in october of 1816. He lived in Rusk Texas in 1850 and then in Edom, Van Zandt Co. Texas in 1860. He died in 1881 in Edom. He served in the Mexican American War. His son Ansel Cnningham Heard. Born in Edom in Dec. 1866, Died in Oklahoma City. Then Hubert Carlton Heard born in 1903. Hubert Carlton Heard Jr. Born in 1937. Then me Hubert Carlton Heard 111 born in 1962. You can see my tree at heardhc1 on ancestry.com. I still have a lot of infoI haven't posted I need to get to. You can contact me at heardhc@hotmail.com if you have any information that we might share. Like I said, if we are related it is from a longways back. It was good to hear from you.
Hubert

Posted: 31 Jul 2008 4:09PM GMT
My greatgreatgrandfather name is Edgar Heard he was born in Georgia in 1863 he shows up in Tallapoosa Alabama in 1910 his wife name was Annie B. Heard and she was born in 1871 They're children were Optie,Vera(my greatgrandmother)
Nel,EJ,Anarson,and Cornera
If anyone have any info contact me at ewingjames1@yahoo.com

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 3:39AM GMT
regarding ansel cunningham heard of 1816, he's my 3rd great grandfather. Do you have any other information about him? Having a hard time also with william heard. Was he the one from VA or NC? Little confused looking at others tree posting. My dad was born in Van Zandt county (Ben Wheeler) so that's the connection. Thanks for your help

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 1:51PM GMT
It's always nice to hear from a family member. I can help you out quite a bit. First your right about the tree postings. Most are wrong. Let me direct you to the best source for acurate verified facts about our family. But first so you know who I am. Ansel Cunningham Heard Sr. of 1816 is my great-great grandfather, Ansel Cunningham Jr. is my great grandfather, his son Hubert is my grandfather, born in Van Zant Co. His son Hubert is my father and I am Hubert Heard III. What you need to get the facts is a book by Joyce Perkerson Poole called "A Heard Family Record-Based History. If you will send me an e-mail to heardhc@hotmail.com I will get you her address and you can order it from her on C.D., or occassionally you can find one for sale. I bought one off E-Bay and one from Amazon. This is acurate information all the way back to Pennsylvainia. It is the only verified record of our family back that far that I know of. I can send you a lot of other information but I have compiled so much that it is hard to send by e-mail or other methods. Hope this will help you out,
Thanks,
Hubert
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions