Search for content in message boards

walkers from north carolina

walkers from north carolina

brenda walker robinson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: walker
i am trying to find information on a robert walker born around 1794 in va, i think, and he married a "dollie" bedford in n.c. and later moved to alabama, at least his wife did. i found her grave. they had several children, one of whom is john a.e. walker born in 1819. i am searching his wife's name. some say it was catherine bedford, but unless there were two catherin bedfords, catherine bedford married john h. walker, i think, in 1860, long after this john a.e. had children. some say robert walkers parents were william and temperance walker.

i have also been told that one of our walkers was instrumental or signed a document in early virginia called the portsmouth pact. does anyone know of this or can lead me in the right direction of my ancestors.

Walkers, VA, NC, & Alabama

Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2006 8:32AM GMT
Surnames: BENTLEY, WALKER
RE:WALKER BIBLE RECORDS: I am trying to reach Brenda Walker Robinson. My ggg grandmother was Frances Delilah Walker who was the daughter of Robert J. Walker from Blount County Alabama. I do not know who Robert was married to either, but this has been a road block of mine. John A.E. Walker did sign the marriage document from my ggg grandmother Frances Delilah Walker to Benjamin Bentley on 15 October 1846. I know that the Bentley's and the Walker's were both in Blount, Marshall, and Etowah Counties, in north central Alabama before the Civil War. I have a copy of a will from Robert Walker listing his children. I did not know that there was a family Bible from this line of Walker's. Please get in touch with me and let's compare/share notes and other documents. How are you related to Robert Walker and John A.E. Walker? Cynthia D.Bentley-Wynn.
Posted: 26 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jun 2002 4:56AM GMT
Surnames: WALKER, CALDWELL, DEANS
Searching my mothers roots. I have a Paper that states these names in connection with hers. Her name was;
BERNADEAN CALDWELL.It lists her parents as:
W.T.CALDWELL
LEONA DEANS
Her mothers parents as:
WILL DEANS
FANNIE C.DEANS
Her fathers parents as:
WALKER

Re: Walkers, VA, NC, & Alabama

Judy Williamson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2004 4:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker
RE: Walker Bible Records: I am trying to reach Cynthia D. Bentley-Wynn. My grandfather was John Franklin Walker, son of William R. (W.R.) Walker, son of John A. E. Walker of Etowah County Alabama. I have just started researching my family histories and would very much like to have a copy of the will you spoke of and any other data you have on the Walker family. Many of the Walkers are buried at the Aurora Cemetery near my home. I can be contacted at jawilliamson@hotmail.com. Thanks. Judy Williamson

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 12:58AM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2006 5:49AM GMT
Looking for information in regards to the Walker family. My great grandmother was Ann Toy Prudy Walker Crabtree Born:6-16-1880 She married James Walker H. Crabtree Born 9-7-1876. I have a picture of Chief Walking Stick in full indian dress with Rondle Crabtree and a child named Ann Toy. I believe she is in her early teen's.Email me at Hanz@gci.net
Thanks Sharon

Re: ancestry

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 1:01AM GMT
Looking for Walkers that has a daughter named Ann Toy Prudy Walker Crabtree. Email me at Hanz@gci.net Thanks Sharon

renee Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2006 2:44AM GMT

oh my!! can I please please see??
perkinsj@getgopin.net
I too have been sure that somehow the walkingsticks and some of the walkers were the same people. but I have not been able to prove anything or which branch is the same
I am a walker 3 times and so I do wish to know which branch is also walkingsticks and which might be native . I suspect my woodson wilson walker is in that family someplace. but I do not know just how. I am sure that the walkingsticks are from attaKullakulla's family. but I do not know which walkers might be related to him.
renee

Sharon White (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2006 5:27AM GMT
Just received your email. I'm trying to verify if this Chief Walkingstick in my picture is a member of the family or is he from a tourist attraction. The picture is of a second cousin AnnToy Crabtree, Great Uncle Rondle Crabtree, and a person with the chief headdress. The back of the picture states AnnToy (very young) and Rondle goes to see Chief Walkingstick each year. I do not know if this Chief Walkingstick is related to the Walker side of the family. I'm still looking for additional information to connect them.

Posted: 7 Sep 2006 10:03AM GMT

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 9:34AM GMT
Hi, I believe we share the same Walker history. Can you email me with some information to compare? Does your history include Joseph Walker and an Ann Toy Walker?
Email: archive175@yahoo.com
Thank you Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions