Search for content in message boards

Seney Jennings

Seney Jennings

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jenings/Moore
i am looking for an obit and/or death record for Seney Jennings (maiden name Moore) who died January 10, 1831. i know it's probably too early of a date for a death record, but i am not really sure. if anyone can help, i would appreciate it. really what i am trying to find is her parents names.

Re: Seney Jennings

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 7:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Death registration was not required in Virginia until 1853.

Obituaries in early newspapers were not common and were usually very short fillers. Obituaries for women were extremely rare, as was the mention of the parents' names.

There is no obituary for Seney Jennings in "Genius of Liberty 1817-1842" newspaper abstracts by Northern Virginia Genealogy, which was published in Leesburg. The only Jennings obituary listed was ...

Vol. XVI, No. 14 – April 7, 1832
Mr. Edmund Jennings was born on the 12th day of March 1756, and departed this life on the 11th day of February 1832. He was for many years a resident of Loudoun County, Virginia, where he died. The residence of some of his heirs at law is unknown.

From "Index to Loudoun Co Deed Books 2A-2M" by Pat Duncan:
Bk:Pg: 2F:207 Date: 4 May 1805 Returned to court; 13 May 1805
Edmund JENNINGS & wife Seney of Ldn to Moses MILLER of Ldn. Bargain and sale of 14ac on E side of Short Hill adj Robert BRADEN. Wit: Peter MILLER, Jas. McFARLIN, Jaco MILLER.

You might want to look at the following chancery suit by the heirs of Edmund Jennings to see if there are any clues.
http://www.lva.virginia.gov/chancery/case_detail.asp?CFN=107...

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions