Search for content in message boards

Harpers in Loudoun Co. VA

Harpers in Loudoun Co. VA

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harper, Whitacre
Interested in the Harper famliy in Loudoun county, specifically Joseph Harper and his wife Naomi Whitacre. Believe they were married in 1806 in Fauquier county VA. Joseph born c. 1781, Naomi c. 1783. From his Civil War discharge, John Harper, aged 57 in 1864, (I believe their eldest child) was born in "Louden Co.," which would make his date of birth 1807-1808. Most interested in the parents (and any siblings) of Joseph Harper, and when they migrated to Ohio (Warren county).

Re: Harpers in Loudoun Co. VA

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 11:47PM GMT
Although there are Harpers listed, there is no Joseph Harper listed on the 1782-1850 Loudoun Co Personal Property Tax Lists.

You might want to check the Fauquier Co Personal Property Tax Lists to see if he appears there.

Pat Duncan
GenNutLdn@msn.com

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 3:49PM GMT
I have a Jabez Clinton Harper b.1844 in Loudoun Co., VA in my tree. I also have a picture of a Mary Mathews Harper. I don't know who she is, she may be Jabez Harper's mother.
Here is a picture of Jabez's son, Carl Harper b.1872
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: Harper, Weedord, Matthews, Munday
Thanks for posting the photographs.

>...Mary Mathews Harper. I don't know who she is, she may be Jabez Harper's mother.<

Jabez Harper's mother was Mary Jane Weedord. She was the daughter of Jabez Weedord.

Mary Ellen Matthews (the photo), is the wife of Robert Edwin Lee Harper, son of Jabez Clinton Harper and GeorgeAnna Alice Harper. GeorgeAnna was the dau. of William H. Harper and Nancy A. Munday.

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Harper
I'm glad I found that old picture to put up.
You said "Robert Edwin Lee Harper's mother, GeorgeAnna was the dau. of William H. Harper and Nancy A. Munday" So GeorgeAnna's maiden name was Harper and her married name was Harper? Am I understanding that?
Also, thanks for the info on the name Weedord, I didn't know that.

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Harper
>So GeorgeAnna's maiden name was Harper and her married name was Harper?<

Correct. I am not sure if they were cousins, as I do not have parents or siblings of Charles Jonathan Harper. I know he d. between 1870-1880: he is in the 1870 Census, Stumptown, Loudoun Co., and his wife, Mary Jane, is a widow in the 1880; she is living with her sons Robert F. & Braden F. in Washington, Carroll Co., IN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic